By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sexuality in Video Games

??

Sexuality is a good thing! 166 90.71%

eww no no no no!!!!! 17 9.29%

Total:183

Sexuality, like all other things, should be included if it is in the devs vision and it helps to enhance the experience. All entertainment mediums at this point have rating systems to better inform consumers. It should be up to parents to police to their own children, and that should be that.

Around the Network

That is a very good question that I don't know the answer for. Sexuality here is no big deal at all, so maybe it's a US thing like archer said.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

JoeAncelotti said:
That is a very good question that I don't know the answer for. Sexuality here is no big deal at all, so maybe it's a US thing like archer said.

It's very much a US thing, we're basically polar opposites of Europe where sexuality is far more accepted, and violence not nearly as glorified.  The US thrives on introducing children to horrendous levels of violence as early as possible, and shunning the human body.

mornelithe said:
JoeAncelotti said:

It's very much a US thing, we're basically polar opposites of Europe where sexuality is far more accepted, and violence not nearly as glorified.  The US thrives on introducing children to horrendous levels of violence as early as possible, and shunning the human body.

Yup, very clear here. Sexuality is everywhere. TV, magazines, online. And our prisons are emptier than ever. Only 4.200 inmates and 4.400 people that are waiting for a possible imprisonment and only 130 murders last year and we have nearly 17 milion people.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

mornelithe said:
small44 said:
Barozi said:
sex/nudity is part of everyone's life. Adding that to games only adds to the immersion.
Of course only if it fits in, which is the case with most story based games.

Sex/nudity in Mario = clearly no
Sex/nudity in GTA = obviously yes

I know boy who have 10 years old playing GTA games you can't show him nudity

Sure you can, what his parents allow, is immaterial to the rest of the world.  Ratings are on the box, if parents choose to ignore those ratings, they're the problem, not what's in the game.

They will lose a part of their audience by adding nudity

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Angelus said:

It's mainly an issue in the US. It's honestly kind of sad how you guys make nudity a bigger deal than violence. Movies with people running around shooting each other up? No problem, PG13. Show some tits and ass? Rated R.

Dat logic

Yeah, I'd say Europe handles this better, but we still are "shy" on that department.

small44 said:
mornelithe said:
small44 said:
Barozi said:
sex/nudity is part of everyone's life. Adding that to games only adds to the immersion.

Sure you can, what his parents allow, is immaterial to the rest of the world.  Ratings are on the box, if parents choose to ignore those ratings, they're the problem, not what's in the game.

So far GTAV has grossed 2.5 Billion+, so I don't think they care.  Nor should they.

onionberry said:

So, Why is that a lot of people are so easily offended by sexuality in video games? and not by violence? I really want to understand different opinions. IMHO is really cool to see  characters being sexual or even the fan service. If the game is not just about sex, but there's some sexuality, why is that a bad thing?

edit: sexuality is not just intercourse

In my experience, the people that are offended by sexuality in games are a rare breed. It probably is the ones protecting young children that worry. I do not have to see much sexuality in games because it is everywhere. If it is there then cool, but I doubt most grown adults are concerned with the issue. Apathy is really a big thing for people on a lot of social debates.

mornelithe said:
small44 said:
mornelithe said:
small44 said:
Barozi said:

So far GTAV has grossed 2.5 Billion+, so I don't think they care.  Nor should they.

A compagny want the maximum of profits they can

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
mornelithe said:

A compagny want the maximum of profits they can

They have it, and they shouldn't care one iota for shitty parents.  Not every game is for every person.  Ratings are on the games for a reason.  If parents neglect to utilize the tools they have in front of them, to properly oversee their childs upbringing, they probably should've thought longer and harder about having children in the first place.