By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Santa Monica designer threatens future ad revenue and review copies of games in retaliation of low The Order scores

That's not cool one bit. If they don't want it to happen again then just make sure their next game is better and fix the issues that cause The Order to receive that low score.

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
generic-user-1 said:

The industrie needs to change too... 

sure, the media is full of idiots  and we should use ign or kotaku, but thats not an excuse for bitching about bad reviews.

its not gamers, gamers are realy pissed of by the shady things that are going on, im sure you heared about #gamergate...

The industrie doesnt deserve more respect as long as they are doing things the way they do. why should i talk nice about someone if he makes his games for idiots? QTE are cancer, and there should be no higher score than 4/10 if the game says me when to press a button after the tutorial, im not an idiot.if i choose to play hard mode or new game+ i want a hard game and not just bulletsponges as enemys.

and dont sell me 7 hours game without replay value for 60$.  40$ is enough for what you produced...

we should disrespect the people in the industrie more, they are like dogs, if the CEO says jump, they ask how high...

we need a lot more people with a real artistic vision.

Gamers being angry is far from gamers acting in a way that doesn't mean they need to change. Threats harassment and cruelty aren't the ways to get change.

You throw around insults way to easily. You remind me of what needs to change in gamers. Not all games are going to be for you, and just because it's not for you doesn't mean it should score poorly. I myself don't like sports games. I don't think any of then would be better than a 3/10 for my enjoyment. So whatever scores they get don't matter, but I don't go telling everyone why they should be scored lower. I don't go wishing that they all do terrible so they stop making them and make other games. The rise and fall of guitar hero and rock band should teach people that isn't how it works.

However with the order I'm seeing gamers bashing a genre they don't like, the people who make it ands those that don't like it. You're not the only gamers, your tastes aren't all encompassing. It makes the community come across as really insecure when they go out of their way to say at every opportunity how much they dislike it and all the insults used.

The industry is changing but not in the way that all these naysayers hope. It's going mobile, it's going micro transaction, it's a new abominable pay as you go model I though we were free of post the age of arcades.

i think cruelty is the right way! people with real artistic vision dont care anyway about things that other people say, it just hurts EA and co and those mindless codezombies that destroy gaming with uninspired AAA titles without vision or direction. 

its not about a genre, if a game things the player is an idiot it should be rated badly, because it insults the player and kills immersion.

and no, its not because of the children, children arent allowed to play those games.  and if they play them anyway they dont need the game to tell em "press X now for jump", children learn realy fast and its not good for them to let their mind idling while playing games.

i dont hate The Order, the game looks realy good and the rest is okay, it was just not goood enough for all the hype it got, THATS a real problem many games had in the last months, and its not the fault of the gamers-they dont spend a looot of money to overhype a game.

and i dont care if the casuals play cod on the ps4 or the ipad 8. well okay, i do care a bit, and i hope they all go mobile. would be better for the ps4 and sony gamers.

Good sir, it doesn't work that way. You can't just buy ads on a site and expect to get good review scores.

Is this for real? Like seriously?

generic-user-1 said:
Wonktonodi said:
generic-user-1 said:

The industrie needs to change too... 

sure, the media is full of idiots  and we should use ign or kotaku, but thats not an excuse for bitching about bad reviews.

its not gamers, gamers are realy pissed of by the shady things that are going on, im sure you heared about #gamergate...

The industrie doesnt deserve more respect as long as they are doing things the way they do. why should i talk nice about someone if he makes his games for idiots? QTE are cancer, and there should be no higher score than 4/10 if the game says me when to press a button after the tutorial, im not an idiot.if i choose to play hard mode or new game+ i want a hard game and not just bulletsponges as enemys.

and dont sell me 7 hours game without replay value for 60$.  40$ is enough for what you produced...

we should disrespect the people in the industrie more, they are like dogs, if the CEO says jump, they ask how high...

we need a lot more people with a real artistic vision.

Gamers being angry is far from gamers acting in a way that doesn't mean they need to change. Threats harassment and cruelty aren't the ways to get change.

You throw around insults way to easily. You remind me of what needs to change in gamers. Not all games are going to be for you, and just because it's not for you doesn't mean it should score poorly. I myself don't like sports games. I don't think any of then would be better than a 3/10 for my enjoyment. So whatever scores they get don't matter, but I don't go telling everyone why they should be scored lower. I don't go wishing that they all do terrible so they stop making them and make other games. The rise and fall of guitar hero and rock band should teach people that isn't how it works.

However with the order I'm seeing gamers bashing a genre they don't like, the people who make it ands those that don't like it. You're not the only gamers, your tastes aren't all encompassing. It makes the community come across as really insecure when they go out of their way to say at every opportunity how much they dislike it and all the insults used.

The industry is changing but not in the way that all these naysayers hope. It's going mobile, it's going micro transaction, it's a new abominable pay as you go model I though we were free of post the age of arcades.

i think cruelty is the right way! people with real artistic vision dont care anyway about things that other people say, it just hurts EA and co and those mindless codezombies that destroy gaming with uninspired AAA titles without vision or direction. 

its not about a genre, if a game things the player is an idiot it should be rated badly, because it insults the player and kills immersion.

and no, its not because of the children, children arent allowed to play those games.  and if they play them anyway they dont need the game to tell em "press X now for jump", children learn realy fast and its not good for them to let their mind idling while playing games.

i dont hate The Order, the game looks realy good and the rest is okay, it was just not goood enough for all the hype it got, THATS a real problem many games had in the last months, and its not the fault of the gamers-they dont spend a looot of money to overhype a game.

and i dont care if the casuals play cod on the ps4 or the ipad 8. well okay, i do care a bit, and i hope they all go mobile. would be better for the ps4 and sony gamers.

You're repeating yourself. Saying it again won't make your opinion any more the only one of value then the other times you've said it.

I agree with what they guy said. If people rate button prompts showing up more harshly than games full of bugs what's the point in sending out review copies? 

I do agree it's nice when prompts like for countering in Batman or uncharted don't show up on the highest difficulty but I'd not expect sites to be giving it 4s and 2s on the low end because of it.

And no if all the casuals left the ps4 we'd have a wii u situation, your hobby needs the casuals much more than it needs you or me.

Wonktonodi said:
generic-user-1 said:

You're repeating yourself. Saying it again won't make your opinion any more the only one of value then the other times you've said it.

I agree with what they guy said. If people rate button prompts showing up more harshly than games full of bugs what's the point in sending out review copies? 

I do agree it's nice when prompts like for countering in Batman or uncharted don't show up on the highest difficulty but I'd not expect sites to be giving it 4s and 2s on the low end because of it.

And no if all the casuals left the ps4 we'd have a wii u situation, your hobby needs the casuals much more than it needs you or me.

you shouldnt rate bugs,soundquality or graphic at all, that should be multiplicators. gameplay, artstyle, sound,story, etc should give the points and if a game is realy broken, multiply the scoring with 0,5.  that would be alot better than giving out points for those things.

and its not nice if they dont show prompts, the game is badly designed if it has to tell the player when to press a button with a button prompt.

sure, in the begining its fine, everybody need some time to learn, and the mario bros way isnt soo good for more complex games(and tutorial are boring most of the time...). but after soem time you should know when to press what button. 

Around the Network

That developer is a real baby, but he most likely doesn't have any say in decisionmaking anyway :).

As the devoloper its his right to choose what ever he wants do with his budget, if he thinks that and this site shouldnt be payed to show the order in their ads its their right, i kinda understand him by the hate this game gets. Paying for the same people who trash their product.

generic-user-1 said:

you shouldnt rate bugs,soundquality or graphic at all, that should be multiplicators. gameplay, artstyle, sound,story, etc should give the points and if a game is realy broken, multiply the scoring with 0,5.  that would be alot better than giving out points for those things.

........Same points again........ and again

I disagree with how you choose to score games as well. How can you judge a game with bugs as if it didn't have them then multiply correctly? If they get in the way of gameplay? Force you to replay parts or stop entirely a simply multiplier won't do. As for the rest that is why good reviews cover different topics and can score them separately if they want to cover them.

Wonktonodi said:
generic-user-1 said:

........Same points again........ and again

I disagree with how you choose to score games as well. How can you judge a game with bugs as if it didn't have them then multiply correctly? If they get in the way of gameplay? Force you to replay parts or stop entirely a simply multiplier won't do. As for the rest that is why good reviews cover different topics and can score them separately if they want to cover them.

you can cover the multiplier just like a score...  and a multiplier is much stronger than just 0-10/10 points, and its much more transparent.

So he thinks that having no ads for his game in gaming sites is bad for the gaming site and not for his game? no wonder the game was reviewed poorly the guy is retarded.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection