By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Woes Show Just How Bad Nintendo's Are

fluky-nintendy said:
Nintendo has been in decline since the NES minus the Wii that was a massive casual console. How about that instead of putting Sony always in bad light and as the culprit of everything bad that happens to Nintendo?

Lol, classic example of only looking at one side. And why should we ignore the Wii? What's wrong with being a "casual"console? What do you think the PS2 and PS4 are?

The GBA was more succesful than the gameboy (remember, the GBA only had a 3 year life cycle) and the DS was more succesful than the GBA. But I guess that doesn't fit into your little decline narrative.

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
Nintendo has been in decline since the NES minus the Wii that was a massive casual console. How about that instead of putting Sony always in bad light and as the culprit of everything bad that happens to Nintendo?

The Wii is a part of nintendo's console history, "casual console" or not.  Makes no sense to cast it aside from this discussion. 

I 'LOL' every time I heard people talk about Nintendo has better 'quality' games over their competitors because they always make it seem like Nintendo's games are next level that no other can achieve. But again, it's all just people's opinion (just like the OP video) as I feel Nintendo's 'quality' has dropped long ago. I still enjoy Nintendo's games, but its not all good quality to me.

roborad said:
fluky-nintendy said:

The Wii is a part of nintendo's console history, "casual console" or not.  Makes no sense to cast it aside from this discussion. 

There's NOTHING wrong with the Wii and besides being a hit wonder after so many years in decline for Nintendo, it still got a lot of acclaimed games for hardcore gamers. But the thing is, without the move controls and games oriented for that it wouldn't have all the casual audience it had and Nintendo would still be in a worse position. All said, it's not Sony's fault of anything bad that happens to Nintendo. Both make their games and they're very different targeting audiences.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
V-r0cK said:
I 'LOL' every time I heard people talk about Nintendo has better 'quality' games over their competitors because they always make it seem like Nintendo's games are next level that no other can achieve. But again, it's all just people's opinion (just like the OP video) as I feel Nintendo's 'quality' has dropped long ago. I still enjoy Nintendo's games, but its not all good quality to me.

I personally don't own a wii u, just an xbox one.  However, when I talk about their quality, I'm simply referring to launching non-broken, super polished games.  The content or how much you enjoy nintendo games is entirely subjective, but you cannot ignore the polish and stability upon launch. 

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

It has more to do with the multi-platform games the Wii-U misses out on than the exclusives it has. Wii-U doesn't even get the annual sportsgames or COD, what did people expect?

well nintendo said they go for the core gamers, and they did. cod and fifa are casual games and dont come to a core console.

they fucked up bigtime when they went away from the casual road after the wii, the sales are so bad because the targeted audience isnt that big, and its very fragmented. the twins are doing far better because they have a huge casual audience that doesnt realy care about quality or innovation.

sony is atleast trying to please to core gamer with firstpartys, but its pretty clear that the ps4 would sell well without any sony firstparty game.

But they didn't really hit that mark at all either. They wanted to get core gamers but failed because they were couldn't manage to appeal to both core and casual gamers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

roborad said:
V-r0cK said:

I personally don't own a wii u, just an xbox one.  However, when I talk about their quality, I'm simply referring to launching non-broken, super polished games.  The content or how much you enjoy nintendo games is entirely subjective, but you cannot ignore the polish and stability upon launch. 

I can definitely agree with you that Nintendo's game upon launch are the most polished.  I've never had to worry about any day 1 patch.  But yes I'm more referring to the content of their games doesn't feel like high quality.  I love my Wii U but I just don't expect much from Nintendo these days.

V-r0cK said:
roborad said:

I can definitely agree with you that Nintendo's game upon launch are the most polished.  I've never had to worry about any day 1 patch.  But yes I'm more referring to the content of their games doesn't feel like high quality.  I love my Wii U but I just don't expect much from Nintendo these days.

Hopefully....that changes with the upcoming Zelda game. 

Lawlight said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Lawlight said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
It's so funny how people say this. Sure the PS4 is winning on the console side. But I love how nobody likes to talk about on the Handheld side. PS4 is doubling Wii U's sales but the 3DS is quintupling the Vita's. Consoles are only one side of the battle...

Handhelds have always been irrelevant in the console wars. Not to mention that both handhelds are getting beat by mobiles and are fading into oblivion.

Of course it's irrelevant, because they are not consoles? But I fail to see how something that brings Profit to a company is irrelevant. And just just because the 3DS is beating the Vita in a "fading market" doesn't change the fact that... it's still beating it by 5 times the number???

Doesn't matter anyway, all consoles in this gen are a disappointment. There's are reason why many users here said the PS3 is better than the PS4 (and on the flipside, selling more than the Wii U ATM)...

Good on the 3DS for winning the second division but, let's be honest, we only care about the premier league.

Just like people are saying the PS3 is better than the PS4, there are people saying that the PS4 is better than the PS3.

This post made me laugh so hard... 3ds is 2nd division... Because all "2nd Division" systems have 3 10 million sellers (Pokémon X/Y, Super Mario 3d Land, and Mario Kart 7, with NSMB2 and Pokémon OR AS not too far behind).

Numbers don't lie...

theprof00 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
theprof00 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Twilight Princess outsold every Uncharted. 

wind waker is combined sold over 6 million :)

people add last of us with its last gen counterpart all the time so I dont see why not XD

uncharted 3 is at 6.6.

You guys are missing the point. It's zelda vs UNCHARTED. How is Sony even competing?

sony userbases more avid buyers?????

that's what I'm saying!!

There's a problem with the consumers.
Too many times I have friends who say they love nintendo, and they'll actually go out and buy an NES or SNES and play those games instead of the brilliant new ones that Nintendo is making.
And no sarcasm at all here either. Nintendo makes great games, but they're not all been big sellers. Gamecube is one of the lowest selling consoles ever. N64 is middle of the pack. SNES is the same.

It's confusing, reading someone say that Nintendo has dropped the ball on the WiiU, and pointing to its sales as evidence. Clearly, such a person just isn't all that familiar with Nintendo. It's like Wii is the only console they've ever heard of.

And minecraft has outsold them both.

Times change but Nintendo has managed to keep a 30year old franchise as relevant and top tier in a volatile industry.