By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1886 In depth technical analysis, DF can learn something from this guy

Only into chapter 4 but no doubt, this game is beautiful. I knew it was going to look good, but I am personally shocked by just HOW good it actually looks and performs.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Baryonyx said:

Well, it's the first i've seen so far that explains the game and other games details in a far better and deeper analysis then most famous analysis sites cause they are only scratching the surface, even DF. which makes DF seem like a hoax in comparison.

I assure you that DF knows just as much as that guy in the video if not maybe even more ...

fatslob-:O said:
Baryonyx said:

Well, it's the first i've seen so far that explains the game and other games details in a far better and deeper analysis then most famous analysis sites cause they are only scratching the surface, even DF. which makes DF seem like a hoax in comparison.

I assure you that DF knows just as much as that guy in the video if not maybe even more ...

You might be correct, but their current analysis does not show that. They ran out of stuff to talk about so quickly that the article devolved into talk about length rather than actual performance and graphical detail.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

You might be correct, but their current analysis does not show that. They ran out of stuff to talk about so quickly that the article devolved into talk about length rather than actual performance and graphical detail.

One of the problems that I have with DF recently is that they've been covering too much crap in their analysis of things other than technical aspects so I understand where your comment came from so i do hope that they focus more on their original purpose  ... 

Euphoria14 said:

One of the problems that I have with DF recently is that they've been covering too much crap in their analysis of things other than technical aspects so I understand where your comment came from so i do hope that they focus more on their original purpose  ... 

To be honest, I think they did so just so that they kept the theme that Eurogamer did, which was "good game, nice graphics, but short length". Afterall they do work for Eurogamer.

I read most of their articles, however I do omit many portions of what they discuss due to the same reasons that I stated in my previous post. For "techinical analysis", they tend to frequently go outside of their original purpose.

With 'The Order' it was honestly, to me, more of an extended review rather than an actual analysis.

Anyways, enjoying the game thus far, and so had my daughter and wife. It's straightforward enough in some parts that I can pass the controller to my 5-year old (She likes to walk around during the day sequences and pretend she is talking to the people), although not long after she left to go back to Minecraft, which is another disliked game around these parts.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Here's an even better treat for those who crave some more technical underpinnings of The Order 1886 or similar next gen games ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcUo7XY_M2M
http://blog.selfshadow.com/publications/s2013-shading-course/rad/s2013_pbs_rad_slides.pdf

These resources are dry and technical so don't expect any excitement ...

I swear I waited for the screen to be suddenly filled with spunk with all that oral masturbation.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Here's an even better treat for those who crave some more technical underpinnings of The Order 1886 or similar next gen games ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcUo7XY_M2M
http://blog.selfshadow.com/publications/s2013-shading-course/rad/s2013_pbs_rad_slides.pdf

These resources are dry and technical so don't expect any excitement ...

Those are almost a year old... -_-

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:

There still extremely relevant ... 

Euphoria14 said:

There still extremely relevant ... 

I guess, if you think nothing changes within a 12-month span.

2nd link also only showed me a unsatisfied Mike Wizowksi.

Currently playing: