By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is 900K FW for Majora's mask 3D a success?

Rate MM first week sales.

Resounding success 211 75.09%

Moderate Success 62 22.06%

Mediocre 4 1.42%

Below par 4 1.42%

Total:281

It's a huge success. Just compare to wind waker hd (wich is already successfull). MM 3D will probably get over 50% of the original sales, wich is incredible for a remake.

Around the Network
Munchies said:
It's an astounding opening week, but I doubt it's going to have legs.

Hmm.. like most Nintendo games, I think it will, but probably won't beat OoT3D..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

GProgrammer said:

These are sold to retailers, that is shipped numbers, Is it expected or not expected? Well what numbers did the last Zelda handheld game ship?

The Japanese numbers are sold to customers, and the sell-through rate is high on this game.  Not only that, but you also have to consider that digital sales will likely make it around this number anyway.

Definitely a success.

Unless Nintendo aimed for every copy of MM3D to be perfectly lined up on every store shelve (which is actually an admirable goal) they bagged themselves a pretty good success.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

That's really good for any remakes tbh. A single game being remade near full price? You betcha it's good.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

MDMAlliance said:
GProgrammer said:

These are sold to retailers, that is shipped numbers, Is it expected or not expected? Well what numbers did the last Zelda handheld game ship?

The Japanese numbers are sold to customers, and the sell-through rate is high on this game.  Not only that, but you also have to consider that digital sales will likely make it around this number anyway.

According to TBone51, Digital sales are very low on the 3DS.

I've answered my own question though. A link between Worlds has shipped 2.51 million by Q1 2014, it is perhaps up to 4 million now, we will see in a couple of months when Nintendo release their shipment numbers, though 900k initial shipments does seem pretty good based on that.

It's a huge success. Especially for a remake on a handheld of the lowest selling entry in the franchise.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

If that wouldn't be considered a success for a remake then nothing would be a success anymore.

biggest damn failure in existence
in all seriousness though this is pretty fantastic for a remake

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3