By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nintendo Power Shutting Down?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/788/788281p1.html

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

i really hope not. i still subscribe to it

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Interesting - I wonder if they are going to move their content "online" to a Wii channel...?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Perhaps I can predict the future... or atleast manifest my thoughts in the physical world.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

As long as the magazine remains profitable, I'm sure Nintendo will continue to publish it. Considering the 'quality' of Nintendo Power, I hope that Nintendo does choose to outsource the creation of the magazine to someone else. It would also be nice if they had better synergies between the online and printed issues.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Around the Network

Whether it's profitable or not shouldn't even be a concern. It should be considered a brainwashing tool above all else.

OK so what is going to happen to NOA redmond?

I'm a Nintendo fan and I really couldn't care less. Guys, we're posting about this ON the internet. We don't need print media anymore. Yes, I know you need SOMETHING for the bathroom, but I recommend Garfield and Farside books.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nester

lol, classic

My family started subscribing to it when they offered a special when they sent 4 large game guides as a freebie. I think we were stuck on a game or something and needed the guides. I can't remember what game it was, though.

I have a lot of fond memories of NP, but I certainly don't currently subscribe to it. This sort of magazine unfortunately has outlived it's usefulness, and is bound to simply become another relic of history.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...