By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Special Themed Consoles: Got Any?

Cloudman said:

Dang, you have 3 special Micros! I didn`t know those got special themes too!

[...]

Is the chobits one a slight different blue?

[...]

And that Dreamcast TV box thing... What is that??? Looks so weird and interesting!

The Micro got special editions in Japan only. There were the Famicom, Pokemon Center, Final Fantasy and Mother 3. US got silver and black Micros with different faceplates which I would consider special as well.

(I do not own these but definitely need them ..)

The Chobits GBA is a special blue I think. It also got two special labels above the dpad and the buttons.

The "Dreamcast TV box thing" (:D) is a Dreamcast built into a TV which came ready for the web. So you could use it as TV, gaming machine, internet browser, for webcam chats, ... it also has LEDs on the sides

Not sure how many of them were made. I've read everything from 200 to 1000 (which are the typical ranges for special edition Dreamcasts; there are tons of special editions of that console). Whenever one pops up on ebay it sells for a lot, I got mine for way less.

I'd love to have more special editions of the Dreamcast but they are very rare and expensive by now. When I started collecting it was easier but I was a poor teenager.

This is a dream(cast, pardon). Still not every edition released.

Tachikoma said:

Scared yet?, you should be ;)

Why should I be scared? I just picked the picture that shows hardware which this topic is about and you changed the digits. I don't upload stuff on the internet that nobody is supposed to see so there's nothing wrong with that.

Around the Network

Gold N64

Zelda 3DS(one for ocarina of time)

Pikachu 3DSXL

NES Wii U

Zelda Wii U(gamepad design)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Sadly no. I really hope Nintendo makes more of the Majora's Mask New 3DS-editions.

I'll admit having one of these:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Tachikoma said:
Ostro said:
Hm, what is "Special Themed"? Does the red Wii count because it was only available as Mario Bros. bundle?

I do have:

Scared yet?, you should be ;)

You and Ostro just blew my mind. That is the one of the most amount of varied stuff I have ever seen... Just wow... And you have Trouble Makers/Mischief Makers. That is so awesome!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Ostro said:

The "Dreamcast TV box thing" (:D) is a Dreamcast built into a TV which came ready for the web. So you could use it as TV, gaming machine, internet browser, for webcam chats, ... it also has LEDs on the sides

Not sure how many of them were made. I've read everything from 200 to 1000 (which are the typical ranges for special edition Dreamcasts; there are tons of special editions of that console). Whenever one pops up on ebay it sells for a lot, I got mine for way less.

I'd love to have more special editions of the Dreamcast but they are very rare and expensive by now. When I started collecting it was easier but I was a poor teenager.

This is a dream(cast, pardon). Still not every edition released.

Dang Ostro, you seem like Mr.Dreamcast to me now... I never knew there were so many different ones... That's one awesome collection! xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

NiKKoM said:

I'll admit having one of these:

The pikachu N64! I remember seeing that before! Wasn't "Hey You! Pikachu!" included too?

Dance my pretties!

PwerlvlAmy said:
Gold N64

Zelda 3DS(one for ocarina of time)

Pikachu 3DSXL

NES Wii U

Zelda Wii U(gamepad design)

Wait... There was an NES Wii U...? O_o

Dance my pretties!

Just to show I wasn't lying, here's my own consoles ; )

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:

Dang Ostro, you seem like Mr.Dreamcast to me now... I never knew there were so many different ones... That's one awesome collection! xD

Just to clarify: the huge collection isn't mine, I just wanted to show which Dreamcasts are available and what I was aiming for in the past. ;)

Console-wise I only have 2 PAL ones, the Sakura Taisen and the Divers (TV).