By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global box art comparisson: pick your flavour

I have the euro version of RE4, and i'm glad it's the way it looks, as most of the usual european ones... and i have to agree about Ico: too bad...

Interesting read anyway... i knew there were some differences, but i never noticed such tiny ones, as on the Kirby box... that one is a kinda "tiny" gem in the genre... :)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

6 UK
7 US
3 JP

I guess the US box arts work best for me.

Ghost Recon: I prefer the American one like how the title’s color and background seem to fit better. Hate the ugly ass “Tom Clancy” tag they stick on it.

Dark Sector: I guess I prefer the American one, the half-silhouette, half nothing thing doesn’t really work for me. They’re all pretty uninspired.

Resident Evil 4: Definitely like the Pal version more, very moody and eye catching.

Ratchet and Clank: Pal version is a lot more inviting than the American one. Don’t like the bleeding red clashing with the somewhat cutesy main character. Japan one is just kinda of creepy.

Crackdown: PAL/American versions. Japanese one is way too damn busy. Looks like someone just photoshopped everything they could on top of everything else.

No More Heroes: Not overly keen on any of these, but I like the Pal version best. The American version is literally a piece of promo art with a boring background. PAL version kinda of blurs the top and bottoms of the box and makes it less busy looking than the Japanese one, keeps focuses on the important part.

Motorstorm: Guess I like the American one better for the brighter colors. Moody doesn’t really work for an off-road racer, and the Japanese one seems framed kind of weird.

Metal Gear Solid: Guess the PAL version. (Konami logo on the Japanese one is distracting.) For some reason I don’t think of red when I think Metal Gear though, but the American one is just kind of plain and could be framed better.

Metroid Prime 3: Again, not big on any, but I'd prefer the Japanese one. The whole three Samus’s thing one the PAL/American ones is overkill. (Yes I know one of them is technically Dark Samus.) Least the Japanese one shows more characters.

Kirby Squeak Squad: Not sure why someone decided Kirby needs more attitude to sell in the Western hemisphere, but he’s an idiot. I’d prefer the Japanese one.

Ico: Japanese version. PAL version's colors look too saturated. The American version is a ugly busy mess. 

I like Europe

tombi123 said:
I prefer the EU boxarts for all except No More Heroes. The EU boxarts for FF games are also awesome.

Really? They are just too minimalistic for me

Around the Network

Haha Ratchet & Clank JPN cover has me roffling my waffles big time! The pal Resi 4 is just awesome though, undeniable.

1.No preference
2.Eu/Jp
3.Eu
4.Eu
5.No preference
6.American
7.Eu/Jp
8.Eu
9.Jp
10.Jp
11.Eu/Jp

That's;
4.5 for Eu
3.5 for Jp
1 for American

2 No preference at all

let's see ...

Ghost recon - US
Dark Sector - EU/JP
RE4 - EU
R&C 3 - EU
Crackdown - EU/US
Motorstorm - all superb
MGS Twin Snakes - EU/JP
Metroid Prime 3 - no preference
Kirby - no preference
ICO - JP (eu one is too oversaturated in my opinion)

are my favorites, so all-in-all I'm very happy with our european box arts :)

EDIT: ah forgot No More Heroes - US