By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Hyrule Warriors would have gotten different scores if it wasn't Zelda?

?

It would have lower scores 68 74.73%

It would have higher scores 1 1.10%

It would have the same score 22 24.18%

Total:91

Do you think that Hyrule Warriors could have gotten different review scores if it was not Zelda? Obviously the Zelda branding has effected the sales, big time. But if the game was the exactly the same, just no Zelda characters, areas, or music, would people score it differently?

I think it would actually have lower scores if it was just a Warriors game

Around the Network

Yes, stablished brands help like that, even something like Super Mario Galaxy wouldn't ve gotten the same scores had it been made by some random company and wihout anything Mario related.

Not to mention, take out Zelda and you loose all the cool fanservice.

Yes and No. Yes cause Hyrule Warriors put a fresh new spin on the Warriors franchise by being Zelda themed but no cause it did add new modes that were never present in a Warriors game before which made the game feel fresh so maybe

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Lol, of course. If this was a new IP without Characters we know and love it would've been quite stupid and repetitive.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yes. On top of it being a more established franchise, there seems to be a positive reviewer bias towards Zelda.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network

It would had scored lower and rightly so. Hyrule warriors is a good game for zelda fans which is how it was reviewed.

Absolutely. No question

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Yeah if it weren't for the Zelda coat of paint, the game would've received lower scores.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

ExplodingBlock said:

Do you think that Hyrule Warriors could have gotten different review scores if it was not Zelda? Obviously the Zelda branding has effected the sales, big time. But if the game was the exactly the same, just no Zelda characters, areas, or music, would people score it differently?

I think it would actually have lower scores if it was just a Warriors game

Funny question. If it didn't have the same setting/areas or music it would be a completely different game.

Although, if all of it were the same just shells, it would rate the same, it just likely would have been much overlooked. 

Not all the warriors games are equal, this just happens to be one of the best ones. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I wonder how the ratio of people that think it wouldn't be as good to the number of people that have or haven't played it, and I mean PLAYED it, not just an in store demo, I mean put in at least an hour or more.
This game managed to mix both zelda and warriors, it took what is great from both and combined them.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.