By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ben Stein to take on Darwinism on April 18

highwaystar101 said:
First of all, I love the way he suggested Galileo and Einstien came from periods with similar views.
There is a reason why creationism is not a science and those that say evolution is not true and that it is only a theory do not realise what a theory is. Anyway, bottom line, I believe there is no God and creationism has no evidence to back it up.

I will give this film a chance though if it doesn't resort to religious BS and looks at it from a pruely scientific view.

Can you disprove religion? thought so.   I think you are just an anti-religious person.  Well Mr. hotshot, if a god didn't, what did create the universe out of nothing?  the big bang? jeez, where's the proof besides some radiowaves?  A hunch?  I think it has always been here and is beyond human comprehension, so you just keep thinking you know the truth.  Ignorance is bliss.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

People who dismiss anything religious should watch this movie.
I don't think the movie tries to prove anti-religious wrong, but it does give some evidence to some scientific facts that favors intelligent design.
It is a well made documentary

Disproving god is as impossible as disproving the giant spaghetti monster, disproving religions is fairly easy. The vast majority of christians don't follow what the bible teaches. Ask a Jehovah's witness, they will show in minute detail how most of christian religions ignore or twist the bible, and doing secular research shows most of what they teach is dead on from the bible. Unfortunately even their beliefs are at extreme odds with reality (ie the bible is flawless in every way, historically and scientifically accurate word of god). Other religions be it hinduism, or judiasm are no better.

I don't try to argue against a god, because that's impossible. Might as well try to disprove invisible unicorns. But individual religions are full of myths, historical or scientific innacuracies, outright bigotry, and so many other problems and are easily disprovable. So if somebody wants to believe there is a higher intelligence out there fine, but it certainly doesn't go by any name humans have given it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I can't believe people are still debating this in the 21st century. -_-

Look, you're all free to believe whatever you want. You believe there's a magical man who created the world in six days? You believe there's a paradise you'll go to after you die? You believe Dragonball Z characters are real?

You're free to do all that. Nobody is going to put you in a prison or anything, although some people might not take you seriously, and I'll personally consider you unable to distinguish reality from fantasy, but still try and treat you normally otherwise.

Science is about making observations about the world, and trying to figure out how it all works. Magical explanations like creationism have no place in it. Intelligent design is not getting accepted in the scientific community, because it tries to explain a long and complicated process by inserting magic into the equation, and that is simply unacceptable.

Btw evolution isn't about how life started, so stop bringing it up.

^^You should watch this film. Again, it's not about religion, it's about science.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
I can't believe people are still debating this in the 21st century. -_-

Look, you're all free to believe whatever you want. You believe there's a magical man who created the world in six days? You believe there's a paradise you'll go to after you die? You believe Dragonball Z characters are real?

You're free to do all that. Nobody is going to put you in a prison or anything, although some people might not take you seriously, and I'll personally consider you unable to distinguish reality from fantasy, but still try and treat you normally otherwise.

Science is about making observations about the world, and trying to figure out how it all works. Magical explanations like creationism have no place in it. Intelligent design is not getting accepted in the scientific community, because it tries to explain a long and complicated process by inserting magic into the equation, and that is simply unacceptable.

Btw evolution isn't about how life started, so stop bringing it up.

But Darwinism is about how life started, which is what this film is about.

Darwinism is about how positive traits in animals get transfered to the next generation by the fittest creature being the most likely to have the most offspring. That's all there is to it.

The generally accepted theories on how life began get lumped together as "the scientific explanation for stuff concerning life", but Darwin's work didn't really focus on those things.

I'm sorry, but I really have no intention of giving my time or money to this quack. Not when his main argument is "people trying to teach magic in school are being discriminated against", and every intellectual I've heard of has condemned his movie as nonsense.

timmytomthegreat said:

But Darwinism is about how life started, which is what this film is about.

Darwinism has absolutely nothing to do with "about how life started" - and neither has evolution. Darwinism is one way of trying to explain what drives evolution.  This is what I dislike most about those creatonist/ID zombies - they are completely resistant to learning the facts because of fear they might interact with the fantasy world they have created.

(This is my first and last post about this subject - I've been there too oftenand it alwys ends with Murphy's n-th law: "Never argue with a fool - peple might not see the difference") 

Parokki said:
Darwinism is about how positive traits in animals get transfered to the next generation by the fittest creature being the most likely to have the most offspring. That's all there is to it.

The generally accepted theories on how life began get lumped together as "the scientific explanation for stuff concerning life", but Darwin's work didn't really focus on those things.

I'm sorry, but I really have no intention of giving my time or money to this quack. Not when his main argument is "people trying to teach magic in school are being discriminated against", and every intellectual I've heard of has condemned his movie as nonsense.

I have heard of many intellectuals that disagree with Neo-Darwinism.  I know a few doctors at my University who disagree. 

I would suggest that, if you don't want to give this "quack" your money, you should wait until this film comes out on dvd and rent it from blockbuster.

Looks like the movie flopped hard.

3.4m debut with only $1,130 per screen (which is terrible)

Conservatives have parroted that the movie industry is assaulting America with its hedonistic values and that if it just made a movie which has the "same values" as America does (conservatives like to think of themselves as the only Americans) then it would be successful and revitalize the industry. They've been saying it for years and years. I really plan on rubbing this films failure in some faces :)