By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Got my 360 back from the repair center

mrstickball said:
There are 3 different DVD model(s), as Rocketpig said...

The drive type really doesn't mean anything when it comes to telling how old your 360 is. You'd have to see what firmware they have. I bought a 360 last november after I sold my core one to a freind willing to pay me more than the premiums were in stores...And I got the samsung drive which was the first one. Console was manufactured August 2007.

Around the Network

The games on the system are great it just sucks that the hardware is hit or miss. They should clean house with anyone involved with the hardware problems.

Meh, this will be just one more reason to get crackin' on a new PC gaming rig once I get this new job sorted out.

I want my KBM.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

And the Goddamn thing sounds like a jet turbine. Looks like I got the crappy DVD drive as a replacement unit. My old unit was considerably quieter.

MS can be a real pigfucker at times. No pun intended.

At times? lol

BTW: Did they give you the a free 1-month XBL Gold or is it really true that they stopped doing it?

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:
rocketpig said:

And the Goddamn thing sounds like a jet turbine. Looks like I got the crappy DVD drive as a replacement unit. My old unit was considerably quieter.

MS can be a real pigfucker at times. No pun intended.

At times? lol

BTW: Did they give you the a free 1-month XBL Gold or is it really true that they stopped doing it?

I got one month free.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Grats on getting your 360 back!

viewtiful_jon said:
Just break it and send it back to them, I had a friend who broke 2 PSP's cos Sony refused to take them back with deadpixels.

will they take ones that destroy UMD's? and have destroy about 9 so far?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Didn't realise there were quieter models out there and i've just got used to the noise of mine, interesting.

It might be time to change and upgrade soon.

i am getting one soon witch one is quiter

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

...The newest model available :)

If you get a Falcon, chances are, it'll have the better/quieter drives.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.