By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thinking about getting into Monster Hunter

curl-6 said:
theprof00 said:
There's nothing more satisfying than powering up a giant oversized hammer and smacking a tigrex right in the face as it roars at you and sending it crumpling on its side like a dinosaur-sized sack of potatoes.
Oh those feels.

Amen, even more so when the monster finally keels over after a long, hard-fought battle.

Ugh those ones where there is like 5 minutes left in the mission and FINALLY you see it start limping away.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
curl-6 said:

Amen, even more so when the monster finally keels over after a long, hard-fought battle.

Ugh those ones where there is like 5 minutes left in the mission and FINALLY you see it start limping away.

Those are the kind of moments that make MH great.

Like that time in MH3 when Barroth was charging me when I was on low health and stunned, and Chacha hit and flinched him, saving my bacon.

I just watched a tutorial on how to use the charge blade and holy sh*t that thing is powerful if you know how to use it. I just beat the Testsucabra ridiculously fast with that, going to see how fast I can beat the Gore Magala. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

I just watched a tutorial on how to use the charge blade and holy sh*t that thing is powerful if you know how to use it. I just beat the Testsucabra ridiculously fast with that, going to see how fast I can beat the Gore Magala. 

I tried it in the demo, I think its gonna be my secondary main weapon next to the Dual Daggers.  After you charge it up and switch to axe form it wrecks.  

KingdomHeartsFan said:
osed125 said:

I tried it in the demo, I think its gonna be my secondary main weapon next to the Dual Daggers.  After you charge it up and switch to axe form it wrecks.  

If you press R while you are doing the final charge attack it goes into a 'boost mode' I think it's called, and if you have 5 charges plus that red 'boost mode' or whatever the amount of damage you can do it's seriously abnormal. I honestly think that could be the most powerful attack in the game.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

If you press R while you are doing the final charge attack it goes into a 'boost mode' I think it's called, and if you have 5 charges plus that red 'boost mode' or whatever the amount of damage you can do it's seriously abnormal. I honestly think that could be the most powerful attack in the game.

Thanks for the tip Ill give it a try.

I tried using the longsword and I noticed as the fight went on it started glowing yellow and then red, what does that mean?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I tried using the longsword and I noticed as the fight went on it started glowing yellow and then red, what does that mean?

Yellow means 10% more damage, and red means 30% more damage.

White is 5% I believe.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Anyone know how to fix rusted armor?  I got some Hunter's Vambraces and they have really high defense, but I can't equip them because they are rusted.