By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Bundle

Is a Splatoon headset bundle a good idea?

Hell yes! I need one nao! 29 51.79%

Hell no! I don't need a headset. 7 12.50%

Maybe, depends on quality, etc. 19 33.93%

Whats an Inkling? 1 1.79%

Total:56

So after hearing that Splatoon may or may not have voice chat(would be with friends only IF voice chat will exist) I can't help but feel like Nintendo is missing out on a HUGE opportunity.

Firstly, when I think of the inklings in the game, this image: http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/532/5327908/2576908-splatoon2.jpg comes to mind. The headphones. Every time I think of Splatoon, I think of a bunch of little scene squids running around bumpin to the latest dubstep. I sort of feel like those headphones have become somewhat iconic already, kind of like Beat and his headphones from Jet Set Radio. A 'Beats' style Splatoon themed headset sort of seems natural and could even allow the player to wear it in game as well.

Secondly, Nintendo is trying to prove it can offer a quality online experience on the Wii U, Smash and Mario Kart have been middling experiences with either long wait times, disconnects, or both ocasically. Neither offer voice chat, friends only or not. Having voice chat in Splatoon with a bundled headset or as an optional accessory just sort of makes sense to me. This would send a message to the consumer that we have a good online experience, heres how you do it. 

Lastly, a Splatoon themed headset fits in well with Nintendo's QoL(Quality of Life) plan moving forward. As long as the Splatoon Headset also function as normal headphones you can use with your phone or mp3 player, people would wear them around and generate interest in the headset, Splatoon and Nintendo at the same time. Imagine kids waiting at the bus stop wearing these around their necks, or at the super market. Imagine seeing your friend wearing them and saying 'Hey, who makes those? I want those.'

So the question is, is a Splatoon bundle with a headset a good idea for Nintendo? I for one definitely think it would be.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network

I can take it or leave it with or without headsets. I'm wondering if Splatoon could end up being more single player than multiplayer.

So just to be clear, its only the game and the headset and nothing else right?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, just the game and headset. Like the Smash 4 bundle. So unless you need a gamecube splatoon headset adapter, just those two things. Nintendo could add more stuff if they wanted like a beanie cap or poster or Inkling Amiibo or something, but for the sake of discussion lets just say game and headset.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Nintendo did say they are going to do more bundles instead of dropping price on the Wii U. And considering they have a Xenoblade bundle in Japan, I can potentially see a Splatoon bundle and a Xenoblade bundle in the west. It could happen.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

I'll buy that instead of just the game

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

i want colours! a inked wii u would be great

Recycle001 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, just the game and headset. Like the Smash 4 bundle. So unless you need a gamecube splatoon headset adapter, just those two things. Nintendo could add more stuff if they wanted like a beanie cap or poster or Inkling Amiibo or something, but for the sake of discussion lets just say game and headset.

Hmm idk, maybe mostly cause I dont really like talking to random strangers online or hearing them but I do talk with my irl friends during games so maybe

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nintendo won't allow voice chat because the game is aimed first at kids and they don't want bad language or the possibility of kids interacting with nefarious personalities.

That's all there is to it.

Soundwave said:
Nintendo won't allow voice chat because the game is aimed first at kids and they don't want bad language or the possibility of kids interacting with nefarious personalities.

That's all there is to it.

This argument went out the window the minute Nintendo published Bayonetta 2. You no longer have the right to 'protect the kids' after having a dominatrix be one of your mascots.