By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will the Wii not win combined worldwide sales for the month?

So I'm curious if anyone out there thinks the Nintendo Wii can't win combined worldwide sales for the month for the rest of 2007. This is excluding the DS of course. I think Nintendo will take every month of this year and at least half of next year. Oh what the hell, I give all of 2008 to the Wii as well. You get a cookie if you can guess what month Nintendo is knocked off for the month.

Around the Network

The month they start selling the Wii 2.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Vengi --> :p

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

RolStoppable said:
Add 2009 and 2010 as well. In 3 years we'll look at the market and make some more predictions.

well put, after all no one can predict the future, just certain paths which might occur

There is a possibility that they could lose a month or two later this year when some heavy hitter games come out for other systems and if Nintendo can actually start churning out machines to fill demand. Either way, their huge lead in systems sold will become quite narrow towards the end of this year and continue on for a while as the PS3 and 360 bring out some hot games that won't be seen on the Wii.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

I can imagine that PS3 or 360 winning November or December because there is not enough Wii stock to satisfy demand while stock for the other consoles are plentiful. Kind of like how MS won Dec 2006

jjseth said:
There is a possibility that they could lose a month or two later this year when some heavy hitter games come out for other systems and if Nintendo can actually start churning out machines to fill demand. Either way, their huge lead in systems sold will become quite narrow towards the end of this year and continue on for a while as the PS3 and 360 bring out some hot games that won't be seen on the Wii.

Nope, most of the public doesn't care about those games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:

jjseth said:

Nope, most of the public doesn't care about those games

Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't care.  I'm sure that Halo 3 will have great sales as will GTA 4.  Those games were huge sellers in the past and will continue again in being a huge sales machine.  Not everyone is wetting their pants waiting for the 20th title of the year with the name "Mario" in it either.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

auroragb said:
I can imagine that PS3 or 360 winning November or December because there is not enough Wii stock to satisfy demand while stock for the other consoles are plentiful. Kind of like how MS won Dec 2006

Truth.

auroragb said:

And then in January we'll be back to business as usual with Nintendominance. ^_^

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.