By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Brawl Tournament

Alright I'm sure everyone knows about the Brawl tournment taking place tomorrow at Gamestops around the U.S., I have an incredibly good shot at winning the one in my hometown, but there are a complete of questions that need answering. I am a Samus user since Smash 64, and I wanted to know if certain moves are still going to be used, and sincve the matches are only 1 life and 1 minute I won't have time to test them. The first is the Samus bomb Jump, can that stil be used in Brawl? I know they took wave dashing out, but what about the bomb jump? Same with her grapple beam does it still let her cling to platforms? And last is the c-stick on the gamecube controller still good for smash attacks?

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Around the Network

I think bomb jump is out, wall clinging with the beam is drastically improved though. Now she has two missile attacks (similar but different to melee), smash forward missile is still homing missile, but now regular missile is a super missile that moves faster and I think has better knock back. I dunno if the c-stick is still used for quick smash attacks or not, but I don't know if they will even have GC

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

check out the Samus tactics video, itl probably help.

Oh wow.. No, I didn't know they were going to have it. LOL I just might be a little late for work tommorow. Is it at all Gamestops or is there a list?

I believe bomb jump is still in...? But the air recovery is much easier in Brawl, so you probably will not have to use it. And anybody with a grapple beam can grab cliffs. The C-stick still does smash attacks, but most Gamestops will be using the Wiimote+nunchuck, so you won't have that option.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Pray there are no importers attending, otherwise you'll be eaten alive.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

^ LOL Imagine Sakurai coming to the OP's Gamestop and CRUSHING HIM HUMILIATINGLY

There will definitely be importers there. Hell, we have what, about 5 regulars here who have played Brawl for more than a couple hours already?

But if by some miracle I could win the first round, then I'd have no problem since I'd get a week straight of practice until the next round.  I doubt I will make it, but the second round will probably be much more entertaining as well as challenging after it's officially been out for a week.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Smash_Brother said:
Pray there are no importers attending, otherwise you'll be eaten alive.

My thought exactly! I will be in the tournament using Link I just hope the importers don't come.

I'm a samus user as well!

yes to the first 2 and i have no idea on the last one

the grapple beam automatically grabs the edge if your close enough. =D

you should also be aware that her front kick (neutral air) isn't nearly as strong as it use to be so be. Also her Screw attack resembles the 64 one with the suck in a spit out if you time it right

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong