By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Metroid in 2018. Not on Wii U

RubberWhistleHistle said:
Rustuv said:
you lack sufficient data to make this claim credible. they've only had 6 consoles including the WiiU, which means to even make this a real theory of a pattern we would have to wait until the 7th console came out and had no Metroid games on the WiiU, only then can you say they skip the 3rd console. because right now that isn't a pattern. it's something that has happened 1 time. Ever.

if you want to deny history, then deny history. im merely presenting facts.

No you´re not. You´re interpreting them and then pass that of as fact which is completely different from just presenting them.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
It all makes sense now =P

Is that an Anime on your sig? If it is, I really need to know the name please.

My thoughts are dont state something wich is pure speculation on your part as fact.

Also, i disagree. These things are not mathematical equations, they are development decisions.

Can you imagine the meeting where this gets decided? Oh, we skip one gen every 3 gens on this game, so its the second one... we have to make one! Stop all other projects, we need to keep our mathematcal predictability. 

Really...

Dusk said:

LOL. Guess we'll find out in 2018. When I read it originally, it seemed like you were saying that was the NEXT one. Especially since you said it misses every third console which isn't correct. 

oh, yeah. ive been very clear and always made sure to say that there will be a new one released. not necessarily a next one. the next one could be on 3ds for all i know, but based off what we have, we can be sure of two things. one is coming out in 2018 (because a new metroid is released every 8 years) and it cant be on the wii u (because nintendo always skips the third console). 

LOL. I'm not sure of anything. There really isn't much of a trend or pattern here at all by the omitting of certain information. The only console without a Metroid game so far has been the N64, 3DS and Wii U and the only one that is certain at this point is the N64 since both are still being fully supported and are likely only half way through their shelf lives. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

chakkra said:
ktay95 said:
It all makes sense now =P

Is that an Anime on your sig? If it is, I really need to know the name please.

Nope, its Persona 5... which will likely have an anime 1 day but not today

Around the Network

I dont think its on purpose. Prob just coincidence, but i could see another one being announced soon

how do i know this?

there is a metroid released every 8 years. and metroid skips every third console.

1986 - metroid

1994 - super metroid

2002 - metroid prime

2010 - metroid other m

2018 - new super metroid bros (or whatever they plan on calling it)

thoughts?

How about Metroid II, Prime 2&3, Metoid Fusion, Prime Hunters, etc.?

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I'm hoping for at least a "Prime 4" or equivalent on Wii U, if not a 2.5d sidescroller as well...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

niickie said:
It doesn't make much sense... I like to believe that the next Metroid game will be in the next Nintendo home console.

How about a brand new, FULL 3D Mario 64 like title, along with Metroid Prime 4 as launch titles? It's been too long since they had a killer (core) game to launch with a console. We have to go all the way back to the N64 for that.

i fully believe this E3 they will anounce a new metroid game for release next year, if you think about it they are going through thier stable of games this gen due to not having huge support from 3rd parties. Star Fox is on the table for this year if it doesnt slip so is Zelda, they already hit Pikmin, Mario, SSB, New Super Mario Bros, and Donkey Kong,

that Leaves Metroid as thier last unannounced AAA game, they will need it next year to give the system another sales boost.

All you have presented was a 8 year pattern of a new iteration of metroid franchise.