By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 65 million Skylanders figures sold in 2014

Wow I had no idea these sold so much.

Around the Network

Well on the way to $3 billion in revenue from this franchise alone for Activison.

zorg1000 said:

Well to be fair, that 5.7 million figure is for just a little over a month and with Amiibo being available for a single device with an install base under 10 million (3DS doesn't have Amiibo support yet).

A heads up, the New 3DS which has been available in Japan and other countries for a while does support Amiibo's. Smart move by Nintendo though, $3 billion for activision, they could see there is demand for these figures.

zorg1000 said:
SJReiter said:
And suddenly Nintendo's 5.7 million Amiibo sold announcement doesn't seem so impressive...

Well to be fair, that 5.7 million figure is for just a little over a month and with Amiibo being available for a single device with an install base under 10 million (3DS doesn't have Amiibo support yet). While that 65 million figure is for an entire year with Skylanders being available on 10 platforms (Wii, Wii U, 3DS, 360, Xone, PS3, PS4, iOS, Android, Fire OS) with combined install bases of like a billion.

Youre over analysing,  the simple fact is, skylander and disney franchise figures are more universally popular to kids these days than nintendo figures. 

Its been like that for a long time. 

Tachikoma said:
zorg1000 said:

Well to be fair, that 5.7 million figure is for just a little over a month and with Amiibo being available for a single device with an install base under 10 million (3DS doesn't have Amiibo support yet). While that 65 million figure is for an entire year with Skylanders being available on 10 platforms (Wii, Wii U, 3DS, 360, Xone, PS3, PS4, iOS, Android, Fire OS) with combined install bases of like a billion.

Youre over analysing,  the simple fact is, skylander and disney franchise figures are more universally popular to kids these days than nintendo figures. 

so 6 million in about 2 months is not popular enough for you?

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
SJReiter said:
And suddenly Nintendo's 5.7 million Amiibo sold announcement doesn't seem so impressive...

I don`t think it could have been better said than this. Good job : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Amiibo sales seem very poor in comparison to Disney Skylander sales. Well, whether they sell better or not, or if things for better or the worse with amiibo, I hope Ninten can come up with really cool ways to use them and make cool figurines I would like to own.

Come on Ninten, make Splatoon Amiibo happen..! >: ) I want an inkling amiibo!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I've also never seen these irl but I've know knowledge of any toys these days unless I'm buying lego for my god son.

EricFabian said:
Tachikoma said:

so 6 million in about 2 months is not popular enough for you?

That's not what tach said.  And tbh i doubt he/she cares how popular any of these toys are no matter who makes them.

Tachikoma said:
zorg1000 said:

That wasn't over analyzing at all. It was literally just giving the most basic, logical explanation possible.

If amiibo was available for every platform ever with a much larger install base for a whole year, it would sell more than Skylanders. 6 million in about a month isn't bad (especially if you consider that 6 million figures times 12 months is 72 million).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread