By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No one's talking about the new Splatoon news? You'll want to.

Its interesting that Splatoon and The Order 1886 are rely he representatives of their publishers visions.

Around the Network

meh. I cant take Nintendo seriously when it comes to online support for a game. No in game chat is a big mistake if you ask me. I will be renting this game prior to purchase

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

You just described Mario Kart 8 though. Except the shooter part.

No, I didn't. Mario Kart 8 has more modes than Splatoon in Single player, local multiplayer, and online multiplayer. Even is some are just reskins of other modes, Splatoon doesn't even to that much.

What other modes? The battlemode sucks, I rather not have it than what we have now. The only mode anyone plays is racing, there's nothing else.

Splatoon will have a better singleplayer mode (not hard lol), local multiplayer and online multiplayer as well.

padib said:

Oh you

Hershey's?

This game is gonna be awesome!!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
padib said:

Holy cow Spem, if you think that the game described in OP will just be one giant turd Nintendo is serving you on a silver platter, I seriously think your standards might need to be looked at.

If you seriously think that a $60 online multiplayer shooter with just one online mode, one local multiplayer mode, and one singleplayer mode is not Nintendo serving you one tiny (let's not act like there's an abundance of anything here) turd on a giant silver platter, then you're clearly the one who needs their standards looked at.

I really do hope they somehow mistranslated the 1 online multiplayer mode, but even if that's not the case don't you think it's a bit early to call the game a 'tiny turd'? I mean many games have few game modes, doesn't mean they are all tiny.

For all we know the single payer mode has a decent length on it's own, and the online/local multiplayer mode manage to keep you engaged for a long time. (Besides, there is also they possibility is a tiny gem. Too short but still a lot of fun)

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Samus Aran said:

What other modes? The battlemode sucks, I rather not have it than what we have now. The only mode anyone plays is racing, there's nothing else.

Splatoon will have a better singleplayer mode (not hard lol), local multiplayer and online multiplayer as well.

Who cares your opinion on Battle Mode? It exists. It has team mode and free for all mode. Time Trials exists. VS Race exists with Team mode or Solo mode. Almost all these modes have an online equivilant, a local equivilant, and a singleplayer equivilant. Splatoon does a fraction of that.

You say I described Mario Kart 8, "exept the shooter part." That's factually incorrect. Mario Kart 8 provides exponencially more content, whether you think it's quality or not, than Splatoon is offering.

Curmudgeon said:

I really do hope they somehow mistranslated the 1 online multiplayer mode, but even if that's not the case don't you think it's a bit early to call the game a 'tiny turd'? I mean many games have few game modes, doesn't mean they are all tiny.

For all we know the single payer mode has a decent length on it's own, and the online/local multiplayer mode manage to keep you engaged for a long time. (Besides, there is also they possibility is a tiny gem. Too short but still a lot of fun)

I'm calling the value a turd more than the game. I have severe doubts that a multiplayer focused game is suddenly going to have a singleplayer with enough substance to justify $60 on it's back alone.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

Who cares your opinion on Battle Mode? It exists. It has team mode and free for all mode. Time Trials exists. VS Race exists with Team mode or Solo mode. Almost all these modes have an online equivilant, a local equivilant, and a singleplayer equivilant. Splatoon does a fraction of that.

You say I described Mario Kart 8, "exept the shooter part." That's factually incorrect. Mario Kart 8 provides exponencially more content, whether you think it's quality or not, than Splatoon is offering.

I can't even find players online for the battle mode. The only online mode this game has is online racing (and not with teams either). Splatoon does the exact same thing.

Samus Aran said:

I can't even find players online for the battle mode. The only online mode this game has is online racing (and not with teams either). Splatoon does the exact same thing.

Factually incorrect.