By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Monty Oum has passed away

I really hate it when content creators die. sigh

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

I believe in the capitalist system but there should be a right to education, justice and healthcare.

I can understand denying it to those with a criminal record and who haven't paid taxes etc but to live or die based on whether you can afford health care is not for me how the modern world should be.

Does it even apply to children, i.e. if you can't afford it your child could die? That seems completely unacceptable to me if so. Every child should be covered until an adult age.

It's not good to be poor in any country but poverty in the states seems like it could be a death sentence.

Don't think I'm attacking the USA for the sake of it. I'm an admirer of the country but really don't like the healthcare system over there. I hate to think that the people I care about don't have access to healthcare.

the_dengle said:
d21lewis said:
Isn't he the guy that made all of those awesome videos like Haloid? Don't know much about him but hate to see such a talented guy leave this world, especially at such a young age.

Yeah, he made Haloid. More recently, RWBY.

I knew it sounded familiar

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Rip Monty Oum

why is this thread in the MS section, instead of gamming discussion?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Rip Monty Oum

why is this thread in the MS section, instead of gamming discussion?

It's no more gaming related than it is MS related. I figured RoosterTeeth's work was more widely known by MS fans. Especially since Monty worked on Red vs Blue.

Around the Network

Rest in Peace. I was a fan of his "Dead Fantasy" series

That's so sad. :(

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This is terrible news.

I'm a huge RoosterTeeth fan and knowing that someone who was a big part of it is now gone such a shame and absolutely awful. He was a great guy.

Rest in Peace, Monty Oum.

RIP

He was an amazing creator. My and my friends finally were able to get together to watch the entirety of RWBY via DVD. It was amazing watching all of it with friends. He has done more in his 33 short years to make more people happy than most people could do in 10 lifetimes. RIP Monty.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS