By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Sells SOE (Sony Entertainment Online) to Columbus Nova! Going multiplatform (Xbox)

poklane said:
Kerotan said:
sales2099 said:
Sony doesn't make laptops and virtually has no presence in the PC gaming space anymore. Damn times are tough.

It's getting harder and harder to ignore Sonys money troubles now, is it PS fans?

can you not post without having a pop at PS fans? Did we do something to annoy you? Or did Sony? I just don't get the constant digs. 

Just look at this sig, nuff said.

Can't defend against the news topic of the day? Just take shots at the guys signature. Smoke and mirrors and deflection. Brilliant move.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Sony doesn't make laptops and virtually has no presence in the PC gaming space anymore. Damn times are tough.

It's getting harder and harder to ignore Sonys money troubles now, is it PS fans?

I'm actually impressed that Sony, despite its money troubles, managed to create the best, most powerful and best-selling console which is constantly supported by a steady stream of interesting games, whether they are established franchises or brand new properties. Something no other company managed to do, despite figures on their bank account statement.

If this sale will help them be better focused on PS4, I am extremely happy, as I don't play PC games, so I had no benefit from SOE's existence. If this sale will give us more great PS4 games, I really don't mind that XOne users get those F2P games.

sales2099 said:
Kerotan said:
sales2099 said:

Who said anything about drugs?

Sony could be a financial stability junkie ;)

To companies sell things to "droll on their own lap in an alley"? 

He''s been banned so I think I'll stick to my reasonable version of events. Especially considering the other posts included in his ban. 

Let's be real here: you only took issue with his phrasing because its hard to defend your pro-Playstation position against news like this.

I'm glad you joined me in being real, because I've been real since the day I joined brotha. 

I only took issue to his [phrasing because it's down right uncalled for. He's been dealt with by the mods so i'm not the only one who thought so. You're only defending him for the reason you wrongly pinned on me. The irony. 

Kerotan said:
poklane said:

omg. this is the year 2014 right? that brought me back to the good old days of 2007! 

You know 2015 is just in its 2nd month? Now you say you only represent yourself....but you just fell in line with a familiar pattern: many PS fans don't appreciate their rich history ;P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
poklane said:

Can't defend against the news topic of the day? Just take shots at the guys signature. Smoke and mirrors and deflection. Brilliant move.

Maybe you should see what I posted before on this news in this topic, and maybe you shouldn't hate on Sony and PS4 specifically 24/7 on here.

Around the Network

SOE didnt make anything great so i am glad sony sold them off, especially after calling Playstation users peasants its clear how much loyalty they have to PlayStation.

I hope sony will invest these hard dollars they got into many weaker yen to fund more japanese games who dont really need much dollars to make awesome games like Bloodborne.

SOE recently had to lay off a few staff. I can't imagine they're a company who make big bucks, with them being f2p in a very 'f2p-budy' PC market and a 'not used to f2p' console market.
If sony got offered a fair amount for them, they could probably put that money to better use. Hell, hopefully Kaz sees into investing it in a new PS studio.

sales2099 said:
Kerotan said:
poklane said:

omg. this is the year 2014 right? that brought me back to the good old days of 2007! 

You know 2015 is just in its 2nd month? Now you say you only represent yourself....but you just fell in line with a familiar pattern: many PS fans don't appreciate their rich history ;P

and your name says sales 2099. You know it's the year 2015 right? 

@bold: don't worry playstation fans appreicate their history but they also appreicate the present. Not hard to when you game on the biggest and best platform WW. 

Hopefully they got a nice amount of money for it. Not interested in any of those type of games, but would have preferred them to stay exclusive. Luckily, Sony have plenty of those in the pipeline, and maybe some of this money can go on another game or two

Ka-pi96 said:
Kelzus said:
Planetside 2 is a really good game, other than that SOE games are awful unfortunately. But doesn't SCE own all of SOEs IPs?

It's probably that they were all registed under SOE rather than SCE. Even if they weren't it would be very odd for them not to have been included in the deal. There would be no reason to buy them if they don't come with the IPs and Sony would have no further use for them now so it doesn't really matter to them that they are gone.

Aye i'm just trying to figure out wether they have some sort of deal in place for exclusivity on any of their games. H1Z1 is obviously coming to xbox one now (eventually) just wondering about planetside. I'd guess that they just sold off everything though