By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Sells SOE (Sony Entertainment Online) to Columbus Nova! Going multiplatform (Xbox)

Mr Puggsly said:
OttoniBastos said:

Oh please sony never considered SOE "as part of the gaming division".It was not part of sony's internal studios.

I know where this is going,fanboys will start implying that Naughty dog or any other internal studio will be the next or something.

SOE was always an oddball,an outsider studio.They make mmos which is a PC oriented genre.

Thanks for the spin and damage control. The reality is Sony fans have been hyped about Planetside 2, H1Z1, and Everquest on PS4. Now all those IPs could potentially be on Xbox.

If MS sold something like Killer Instinct and it came to PS4, people would say that's another nail in the coffin for Xbox. Yet Sony selling an entire studio that had PS4 console exclusives is not big news?

Frankly, this news is delicious. Sony fans kept telling us Xbox is going to lose support because of PS4 domination. But who suspected Sony's financial situation is making them sell IPs which are now coming to Xbox?

See you just proved my point.Keep waiting for naughty dog's ip.Don't hold your breath though....

Around the Network
true_fan said:

You would have a point if I initially responded to you. You responded to my post buddy, so evidently my words bothered you for some reason. Either way this is my last post entertainging you, I thinks it's pretty clear you are bothered by this news. Have a great day!!!

Here's the problem. Your initial comment would be more relevant in another thread. This is a thread about SOE, not about Windows 10.

Everquest Next is the #1 most anticipated mmorpg coming and now its coming to Xbox!

DolPhanTendo said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not even close. Sony aren't changing anything. They just sold a studio that was separate from PlayStation and was never really a 1st party studio in the first place.

Not firsty party but has the name Sony Online Entertainment? Also selling off one of your studios is technically letting your first party games go third party am i Mistaken?

They're technically 1st party in the sense that Sony own them, but they were completely independent of PlayStation. SOE's primary market has always been PC.

NiKKoM said:
Makes you wonder about the state of Everquest Next and H1Z1.. no doubt they will be money makers but Sony couldn't, wouldn't, didn't want to wait for them

h1z1 received a shit ton of hate from the beta. a lot of work still to be done. 

Around the Network
Roma said:
I wonder what will be sold next

Probably Evolution Studio cuz they fvcked up DelayClub.

Moderated - Leadified

Vasto said:
Everquest Next is the #1 most anticipated mmorpg coming and now its coming to Xbox!

Now, we just need a release date or at least a date for a beta.

what...the actual fuuuuck?

SoE was one of Sony's most profitable divisions...im freaking confused!

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Ssliasil said:

Um.. Where did you get that from?

Teeqoz said:
Ssliasil said:

Um.. Where did you get that from?

I meant gaming divisions my appologies. 

But to answer that question...SoE has EverQuest 1 + 2...PlanetSide 2 and EverQues: Landmark....each of which is making a niiiice chunk of money consistantly.  And with the megaton that is EverQuest Next coming up soon...they will be making tons more.  Its a very odd move. 

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"