By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - $10 Metroid Prime Trilogy, anybody buying who own the separate GCN and Wii games? Differences?

Are you going to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii U this week?

yes 139 68.81%

no 32 15.84%

maybe if.. 13 6.44%

see results 18 8.91%

Total:202

I bought it but I didn't own the trilogy or any of the games on disc. So it was kind of a no-brainer.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

I have all three original games but not the collection. Gotta grab that today. May be a while before I get around to playing them, though.

I only have the first game on the gamecube. I wasn't a great fan of the game. I adored the look and atmosphere but found the game repetitive and dull. Maybe I wasn't playing it properly but I always seemed to have to keep going back over and over again the same areas. So no interest in this new updated trilogy, I doubt I would make time to play it. There are quite a few gamecube games I'd like to re-visit but not this one. The controls always felt wrong too.

RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:

Well, my Wii U copy of Arkham City is still untouched...

Sell it immediately.

*dies a little inside*

Sorta, yes.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Alot of people think this way, the prices quite dropped for this game

Nah, I sold it because I'd rather have the digital version. Especially since the save data is kept. I was basically payed for the superior version with literally no downside.

Can I buy it now and take advantage of the sweet price despite not owning a Wii U just yet? Kinda like with the browser version of PSN Store? I own a Wii if that's of any help...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

i bought it. Don't own the physical copy of Trilogy, but i do own them seperately.

bonzobanana said: 

found the game repetitive

...You found Metroid repetitive? Metroid? No offense, but you were clearly doing something wrong. I've played nearly every metroid game, and not once did I ever find myself doing something twice.

Bought it a couple of days ago, cant wait to get some free time to play them, i have some holiday leave coming up soon and i will dive in then.