By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps3 and Wii's best selling exclusives seem to be racers?

Ps3 is getting the monster GT5. Wii is getting the monster MKWII. If i'm not mistaken, MKWII was the highest selling cube title and GT3 was the 2nd highest selling PS2 title. Will these 2 reflect the success of their earlier predecessors and surpass their current predecessors? (gt5 beating gt4 and mkwii beating double dash?) It seems like a given for MKWII. But, the PS2's userbase was monster size so I don't really know at the moment if gt5 can pass gt4. (it may match it. who knows.) your thoughts?

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

I think it's a forgone conclusion MKWii will be huge. Look at the success of MKDD and the success of any Wii game with a peripheral (Wii Play, Link's Crossbow, Wii Fit).

As for GT4, it has a much harder time. Base is smaller and the competition far more numerous and fierce than what MK has to deal with

GT5>GT4 impossible
MKWii>MKDD very possible.

well the actual gran turismo 5 the full game cannot possibly match gt 3 even if it comes out next year and the ps3 sold like 28 million.

it could match gt4 though. gran turismo 5 prologe im expecting to sell just over 2 million copies, majority in europe and australia as car racing indy racing f1 racing gt car racing etc is popular in those countrys. also the gt5p bundle in europe should boost sales.

mario kart wii will pass duble dash no questions asked.

cant wait for gt5 though. never liked mario kart, always been a crash team racing fan ;)

MANUELF said:
GT5>GT4 impossible

i agree

Around the Network

It depends on how good GT5 really is (not the prolog). If it's the best racer out there for 2-3 years, I could see it selling steady for a long time.

Sony has to sell a lot more consoles first however.

Right now ,mkwii will definitely beat its previous incarnation.GT5 I want to wait and see how much the userbase grows before I will say if it beat its previous incarnation.Right now it wouldn't, but maybe later it will.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

MANUELF said:
GT5>GT4 impossible

How u are so sure my friend. It will be a long time 'till GT5 comes out.

Install base will be increased by then

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Yeah, with Prologue coming this year, I wouldn't expect the full game until next year. The install base by then could be easily in the thirty million range (end of 2009

mkwii will sell over 10million copies easy
but it still won't be top exclusive for wii: that spot is reserved for wii fit

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp