By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Octodad: Year One Numbers

Games actually sell on the PC and PS4. I'm not surprised by the high amount of people who played it with a controller. I use my 360 controller on every game that isn't a shooter or strategy game, small things like force feed back and analogue triggers make a difference.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

You can compare it to the Retro City Rampage (year 2) numbers. It also showed that most units were sold on steam while they earned more on PS4.

http://retrocityrampage.com/casestudy2014.php

Don't copy random editorials.

Burek said:
Wow, half a million sold. I am shocked, especially with so many sold on PS4, paired with a sub-70 score.
I though low metacritic scores are an indie-poison, particularly for a gane that doesn't even look that interesting, a one-joke pony stretched over several hours.

Good for them, though, glad they managed to earn some money for their effort.

You forget that a lot of indie hits are one-joke-ponies. That's why they sell. The better the joke, the better they sell. People don't expect much more of indie games than one aspect that keeps them entertained for a while.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

For a game with that Metascore it's certainly not bad.
Otherwise okay-ish numbers.