By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why no PS PLUS type service on Wii U?

I think its a silly idea. We already get discounts and free online. What could this service add besides 'free' games? Besides if they are going to flood their user base that already buys games with these bonus games it would be destroying their own user base.

Wii U owners actually buy games. This has already been shown time and again. The only way this would fly is if it is only for non first party games. Even then people will complain that it doesn't include Nintendo games because that is what people want.

Plus most Wii U owners would not be prepared for this system. Almost everyone outside of the hardcore do not have a external HDD attached to their Wii U. Nintendo floods the market with free games and people will eventually run out of room. Especially if they consider adding old Wii games to the mix. The way it is now, people pick and choose what they want, there is decent game sales, and games do go on sale when in the last gen they did not.

Mind you I'm not saying that a premium service should not happen. I just think that there are better options available.

Around the Network

There will be something next gen definitely BUT in saying that with talk of QoL and the end to Club Nintendo we might see some sort of service similar to PS+.

In all honesty I dont want to pay for a subscription service. I dont like to spend on things if I dont have to.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

platformmaster918 said:
Nogamez said:

Well when i mario kart 8 i got windwaker hd for free and when got a 3ds  I got ALBW for free too. I was quite impressed.

how the hell did that happen?

Er well once you bought them(mk8) or a 3ds you just had too register them online with nintendo, then they offer you a chioce of games to downkoad and keep.

That will probably be the day that I stop playing Nintendo games online.

I'm cheap like that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Kerotan said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
The thing with teh subscription services is that I do not WANT or NEED monthly "free" games. It's too much and simply I will be flooded with them and never finish all. There may be some I like but rest would probably be not for me.

Waste of money. However......a subscription services where I pay for all the internet stuff such as using the store or playing online would be good for me.

But I'm not complaining about the perfectly great FREE online I get from Nintendo.

their online service is  by far the worst of the big 3. ps3 has free online and it's currently a lot better than the wii u online. i strongly disagree with your description on nintendos online as perfect. 

Its perfect for a free service. It works very good and I rarly get any lag......and that''s in Smash online 4 players where some are in Na/ eu.

Around the Network

why should they? nintendo games are high quality, they can sale the games even years after they came out, so giving em away cheap wouldnt be a smart move for nintendo.

I'm not sure if there would be enough cheap games to shovel out. Generally, Nintendo games are all high quality and high price and they maintain that price for years. It would have to consist of 3rd parties. Then there is the lack of Harddrive capacity.

WhiteEaglePL said:
Kerotan said:

their online service is  by far the worst of the big 3. ps3 has free online and it's currently a lot better than the wii u online. i strongly disagree with your description on nintendos online as perfect. 

Its perfect for a free service. It works very good and I rarly get any lag......and that''s in Smash online 4 players where some are in Na/ eu.

i've no doubt it works well. my point is in relation to it having so few online games. 

Kerotan said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

i've no doubt it works well. my point is in relation to it having so few online games. 

So how will having a premium service that gives away games lead to publishers to make more online games? They would still need to add those games and since they're giving it away for free it wouldn't lead to more online games being made.

bunchanumbers said:
Kerotan said:

So how will having a premium service that gives away games lead to publishers to make more online games? They would still need to add those games and since they're giving it away for free it wouldn't lead to more online games being made.

not all PS Plus games have online.