By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Apple has ALREADY released their gaming device.

leo-j said:
Will vgchartz track Iphone/ipod touch sales? Since its a video game system similar to that of the psp but with a more advanced touch screen than the DS?

No because its many use isn't for gaming it is for phone calls. I could see apple making a handheld with a touch screen more advance than the ds' but the thing that makes the ds good is it's dual screens. Also by the time this happends nintendo would have made another handheld. Maybe nintendo could get help from apple on the touch. The wii seems to look like a mac maybe they are apple lovers.

Also if they add the iphone they would have to add cell phones and anything else that could play games. I have a gp2x to emulate old snes and nes games should they add that too?  

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Sam Yikin said:
kingofwale said:
touch choice... do I pay 400 bucks + 3 years contract with AT&T

or do I use that to get a PS3

well, the choice is obvious.

I have an IPhone, but it will never be anything more than a phone/ipod.

1. A contract with AT&T is NOT required at all for owning iPhone games.

2. If you're a dedicated gamer interested in a console then getting the PS3 would be a good choice. But if you have no interest in a game console at the moment and want a versatile mobile device instead, than the iPhone would be a good purchase. It's all about what fits your situation. 

You do know if you want the iphone at $399.99 you need to form a contract with AT&T, if not it would cost signifcantly more.

On topic:

F#ck my PSP, Im getting an 8GB Iphone, Best phone Ive ever "touched".

Hm, you're right, but remember that the iPod touch can ALSO play these games, which is a much less costly device.

leo-j said:
Will vgchartz track Iphone/ipod touch sales? Since its a video game system similar to that of the psp but with a more advanced touch screen than the DS?

Just like Steam, there will be no way to track sales of games through iTunes.

As consoles move to digital downloads, ioi's job is going to become extremely difficult. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

sc94597 said:
leo-j said:

No because its many use isn't for gaming it is for phone calls. I could see apple making a handheld with a touch screen more advance than the ds' but the thing that makes the ds good is it's dual screens. Also by the time this happends nintendo would have made another handheld. Maybe nintendo could get help from apple on the touch. The wii seems to look like a mac maybe they are apple lovers.

Also if they add the iphone they would have to add cell phones and anything else that could play games. I have a gp2x to emulate old snes and nes games should they add that too?  

Technically, the iPhone already has a more advanced touchscreen than the DS WITH motion sensing.

@SAM

I have ATT, therefore the contract is no problem, you get a phone + internet anywhere you want+ itunes anywhere you want.

I also just found out you can buy a 16GB iphone for $499.99, I'll wait when its $199.99 (the 8GB) then I will purchase it.

mM
Around the Network
Sam Yikin said:
sc94597 said:
leo-j said:

Technically, the iPhone already has a more advanced touchscreen than the DS WITH motion sensing.

I recognized that in my respons. I don't consider the Iphone a handheld gaming console rather than a handheld that does everything. It has motion sensing? Wow the iphone surprises me more and more.

leo-j said:
@SAM

I have ATT, therefore the contract is no problem, you get a phone + internet anywhere you want+ itunes anywhere you want.

I also just found out you can buy a 16GB iphone for $499.99, I'll wait when its $199.99 (the 8GB) then I will purchase it.

Good luck with that. Apple usually phases out old models and replaces them with improved units, keeping the price points the same.

Your best bet would be to Craigslist a 4GB model or keep checking Apple's refurb site (though even then, there isn't much of a discount). Apple isn't going to let the iPhone dip to iPod prices anytime soon. It's not the way they operate. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

sc94597 said:
Sam Yikin said:
sc94597 said:
leo-j said:

I recognized that in my response. I don't consider the Iphone a hand gaming console rather than a handheld that does everything. It has motion sensing? Wow the iphone surprises me more and more. 

I've read in many places that it has a 3-axis accelerometer, which I believe is the same thing as motion sensing. The games Apple demoed today were primarily tilt controlled.

rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
@SAM

Good luck with that. Apple usually phases out old models and replaces them with improved units, keeping the price points the same.

Your best bet would be to Craigslist a 4GB model or keep checking Apple's refurb site (though even then, there isn't much of a discount). Apple isn't going to let the iPhone dip to iPod prices anytime soon. It's not the way they operate. 

He's right. Look for a refurb/used iPhone, Apple is NOT going to bring the iPhone down to iPod prices.

rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
@SAM

ATT cellphones always drop in price at a rapid pace, though I dont know about apple devices, I hope they alteast drop it to the wii's price, guess Im going to save money from now to summer(I wanted a sony walkman, but iphone is better).

mM