By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sells One million in Japan

SlayerRondo said:

According to VGChartz the PS4 has sold over one million consoles in Japan.

Given the current lack of Japan centric games on the console I am impressed with the PS4 reaching this milestone so quickly.

Hopefully games like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remake, Final Fantasy Zero and Final Fantasy XV will really kick things off.

Until this post I didn't even realize that the Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD was coming to the PS4.

Around the Network
IFireflyl said:
SlayerRondo said:

Given the current lack of Japan centric games on the console I am impressed with the PS4 reaching this milestone so quickly.

Hopefully games like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remake, Final Fantasy Zero and Final Fantasy XV will really kick things off.

Until this post I didn't even realize that the Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD was coming to the PS4.

Surprisingly low key since the announcement but a big deal for the Japanese market where these games are still big.

Coming in Q2 2015.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
IFireflyl said:
SlayerRondo said:

Surprisingly low key since the announcement but a big deal for the Japanese market where these games are still big.

Coming in Q2 2015.

I mean, I already got the platinum trophy for Final Fantasy X HD on the PS3. I may as well do it again for the PS4.

IFireflyl said:
SlayerRondo said:
IFireflyl said:
SlayerRondo said:

Coming in Q2 2015.

I mean, I already got the platinum trophy for Final Fantasy X HD on the PS3. I may as well do it again for the PS4.

Same for me but on the Vita.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
IFireflyl said:

Same for me but on the Vita.

Off topic: I am seriously considering getting a Playstation Vita.

On topic: I really want to see how well the PS4 starts selling in Japan when Final Fantasy XV comes out. I'm not too thrilled about the Final Fantasy games as of late, but the Final Fantasy name is huge over there.

Around the Network

sugoi

It will continue the momentum in the next 3 Months. gratz ps4

Nice. This is great news. If they could sell 10 million in Japan for their ten year lifespan they will pull even further away from the Xbox One. This means they need more Japanese exclusives.

It passed that milestone on Media Create a few weeks ago. VGChartz finally decided to update their numbers

Funny thing is, it barely passed 1m on Famitsu this past week.

I think it will really pick up sales when games like FFXV come out

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850