By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita one step closer to death - Loses YouTube support

Gaming systems for gaming. Sounds good to me!

Never used my vita for anything else.

Around the Network
joeorc said:
Nem said:

Nope! They arent! :P

I refuse to recognise their existance as anything more than phones. They have no controls. Touch screen gaming isnt proper gaming.

Grin/ well Sony does have Bluetooth game pads that work on xperia and other hardware company's made smartphones from the lake's of HTC etc. It was the shift to playstation Mobile at the same time they released the PSVita that for Sony's next dedicated handheld is software based..IE: smart phone's and App's

http://m.gsmarena.com/reuters_sony_will_cut_1000_jobs_in_its_smartphone_division-news-10950.php

Sounds useful. Tiny screen with bluetooth gamepad. Its only natural. :P

For me personally it does not matter. I think I tried the Youtube app once when I bought the vita.
I just use my phone to view YT videos.
Guess it sucks for others using the YT app on vita though

I swear a majority of users here have some sort of fetish they get off to by seeing the Vita do bad poor system, to think I was like many of the inferiors before I got one v.v
Anyway, the YT app on Vita is freaking awesome! So it sucks that its losing support, best designed app on the system by far -plus no ads

Well Vita is doomed. The 50m who were on the cusp of buying one as soon as it got a game will now scoff.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Used it once, ran like shit. No big deal for me.

I always watch youtube on computer

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

It was useful for me, whenever I couldn't watch YT on my phone (charging or whatever), I would on my Vita so it's quite a loss there.

It is really stepping closer to its demise. It even won't receive the new music app PS3 and 4 are getting. :(

That sucks.

But hey.....at least it was better than the 3DS youtube app (well only because the screen was better lol.)

Darwinianevolution said:
Why would Google stop supporting the app? It doesn't seem to be really expensive to mantain.

Youtube now defaults to HTML5 for its video player. This is the nail the coffin for Flash Player and opens up Youtube playback on mobile devices and Smart TVs, all of which support HTML5.

So there's no need for a dedicated Youtube app anymore, especially one that isn't updated.