By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita one step closer to death - Loses YouTube support

ktay95 said:

And release games for it =P

Do they? Damn, the Vita's already been replaced and I didn't even realize it.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Nem said:

LOL! Right, i'm sure thats a great idea. 

They dropped first party support to the Vita like it was yesterdays...err you know. It would be interesting just to see how awfully it would sell. Sony is done on the portable gaming market after the Vita. Wether they like it or not.

Nah, they already make Android phones.

Those are not portable gaming devices. 

Nope! They arent.

Burek said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Why would Google stop supporting the app? It doesn't seem to be really expensive to mantain.

This is just a guess, because I have no technical or software knowledge, but Google has announced that they are dropping Adobe Flash from YouTube, and will start utilizing HTML5 exclusively.

Maybe they just didn't want to bother spending time updating the app to the new system.

Actually it would sony's job to update their browser in that case.

RenCutypoison said:
Burek said:

This is just a guess, because I have no technical or software knowledge, but Google has announced that they are dropping Adobe Flash from YouTube, and will start utilizing HTML5 exclusively.

Maybe they just didn't want to bother spending time updating the app to the new system.

Actually it would sony's job to update their browser in that case.

As the OP info states, the browser is not the problem, it is the app itself. YouTube will still be available through the browser, and the app is probably Google's responsibility.

Nem said:

Nope! They arent.

... portable, games are played on them, infact more time is spent playing games on them then 3DS and Vita combined, not a portable gaming device. Got ya =P

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
ktay95 said:

And release games for it =P

Do they? Damn, the Vita's already been replaced and I didn't even realize it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=PlayStation%20Mobile%20Inc.&hl=en

ktay95 said:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=PlayStation%20Mobile%20Inc.&hl=en

I think that's actually more games than they released for Vita.

Knack's Quest omg this is a gold mine

ktay95 said:
Nem said:

Nope! They arent.

... portable, games are played on them, infact more time is spent playing games on them then 3DS and Vita combined, not a portable gaming device. Got ya =P

Nope! They arent! :P

I refuse to recognise their existance as anything more than phones. They have no controls. Touch screen gaming isnt proper gaming.

I used it while on the can. Not the greatest app, but it worked.

Wouldn't call that a step closer to whatever. They're removing the app because no one was using so I guess it's not gonna devalue or decrease the use of the system for anyone.

.- -... -.-. -..