By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarter results are here! 7.08M 3DS and 3.03M Wii U shipped! Wii U 9.2M total shipped! 5.7 amiibos shipped!$250 million net income! 3DS projections lowered!

Yakuzaice said:
tak13 said:
Welfare said:
3DS once again over tracked.

Wii U seems to better tracked compared to last quarter.

We already knew that(from the LTD sales leaks of NPD..:P

It's only overtracked in one place!In the usa,by 200k or 300k...

The 3DS is a lot more than 200-300k overtracked.  VGC shows 50.39m as of Jan 3rd, Nintendo shows 50.41m shipped as of Dec 31st.  VGC shows 18.06m sold in Japan versus 18.70m shipped.  So that is 640k on shelves in Japan (more actually since that includes 4 days of 2015 sell through), yet only 110k (also slightly more due to the date) on shelves worldwide which would mean there is negative supply outside Japan.

The 3DS is probably at least a million overtracked.

The Wii U is also probably overtracked, but much less severely than the 3DS.  130k on shelves in Japan, but only 120k on shelves in the rest of the world.  Again, the dates don't line up great, but it gives us a pretty good idea.

about a mil, maybe 1.2mil. Dont forget in japan the N3DS came out so thats why there is a ton of shipment, but i could be wrong.

That said its probably 49mil-49.5mil Sold WW as of January 3rd (so i basically agree)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
3DS shipment dropped 9% from the same quarter last year. Looks like it peaked in 2013.

Ok and your point is? Lets ignore everything else here amIright XD

Seriously though its funny and sad to see post like this :-/

It's funny that the 3DS is already on the way out? Still, I think the 3DS can limp it's way to 70M. 

So good news right?

Nice! Nintendo is doing fine and profiting. This is what happens when you make great games and let that sell itself. Only company to profit again out of the big 3.
Now I see on Amazon WiiUs are selling a lot better then last year at this time, in the top 60 when they barely break top 100, Kirby, Mario party, Xenoblade and then Splatoon this quarter will be even better for Nintendo. Splatoon will push consoles to the next level.
I see a price cut some time late summer into September. Using this quarter to build more profits. Then the Zelda hype train begins 😛😛😛😜😜😜😜😍😍😍😍

Quick question anyone see Bayonetta's numbers?

mii-gamer said:
So good news right?

Some good news, some bad news. 

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
So good news right?

~

Nintendo wins money but hardware sales aren't good.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Nice! Nintendo is doing fine and profiting. This is what happens when you make great games and let that sell itself. Only company to profit again out of the big 3.
Now I see on Amazon WiiUs are selling a lot better then last year at this time, in the top 60 when they barely break top 100, Kirby, Mario party, Xenoblade and then Splatoon this quarter will be even better for Nintendo. Splatoon will push consoles to the next level.
I see a price cut some time late summer into September. Using this quarter to build more profits. Then the Zelda hype train begins 😛😛😛😜😜😜😜😍😍😍😍

Quick question anyone see Bayonetta's numbers?

tbone51 said:

about a mil, maybe 1.2mil. Dont forget in japan the N3DS came out so thats why there is a ton of shipment, but i could be wrong.

That said its probably 49mil-49.5mil Sold WW as of January 3rd (so i basically agree)

Using MC numbers, there is a little less than 400k N3DS on shelves in Japan.  Although MC also has lower total 3DS sales than VGC, so that is 400k out of 710k total.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Stop that.

Metallox said:
mii-gamer said:
So good news right?

~

Nintendo wins money but hardware sales aren't good.

Sounds like if they are better than the year before then it is good a bad 2013 is now what we will be saying instead of doomed