By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which version of Persona 3 do you recommend?

Which is the best version?

Persona 3 (Original) 0 0%

Persona 3 FES 17 60.71%

Persona 3 Portable 11 39.29%

Total:28

I just finished playing P4G on Vita, and I'm glad I gave it a chance. It was my first game in the series, and I'm impressed at how well it seemed to improve from the original.

I looked at P3 and it looks similar to what I enjoyed from P4G, but with three very different versions I have no idea what to choose from. P3 is the original and FES is apparently the enhanced remake. Apparently the only reasons people say they got P3P is because of the Female MC and ability to control all characters. Also I like the 3D free roam so without it in P3P with point and click will take a LOT of getting used to. So whoever likes the series, which should I go for?

I personally think the lack of freeroam and cutscenes in P3P is bullshit. PSP was suprisingly a very capable console and could have handled it well. Look at how many 3D games, which took advantage of the PSP, were made. -_-

I'm torn between portability and the 3D aspect. T_T In this case I wish atlus remade Persona 3 for Vita.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network

Well Persona 3 FES contains a additional story that isn't in the original or Portable. That's why I chose that. Well that and the analogue stick of my PSP is broken.

Go with P3P.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Persona 3 FES

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I've recently started playing P3 FES, I'm wubing it. So I think I can recomend you that one.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:
I've recently started playing P3 FES, I'm wubing it. So I think I can recomend you that one.

What are you playing it on?

Or should I maybe play both?

P3p version doesn't have the animated cutscenes but you can directly command your party members.

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

I've settled. I'm getting both. :P I'll play the definitive version(FES) first time around and then P3P for the Female MC.

GdaTyler said:

What are you playing it on?

PCSX2, what else would I play it on? On my PS2? Ha! As if!

I'm now filled with determination.