By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS4 Advert (Is This Their First Mainstream Advert?)

Gilgamesh said:
The voice over is awful, but it's a good commercial to let everyone know whats going on.

Nope, the voice over is perfect for a 'mainstream' advert. This is nothing like anything I've seen before. It's talking to a completely different audience and I've never seen them do this before. I can see by the comments so far that very few people will be able to understand what I'm talking about. Watch a few adverts for cacrpets or furniture or home buyers and you'll get a clearer idea of what I mean by mainstream.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Wasn't that good to be honest.
Started great with TLOU though XD

It's absolutely fantastic for who it's aimed at.

The PS5 Exists. 

Commercial is european. Sony needs a mainstream American commercial

Perfect Day, Greatness Awaits, and whatever that one is where guys play basketball and Destiny were all mainstream commercials and better than this one imho.

nothing beats the kevin butler adverts.

also... why did i read the youtube comment section... such shitty ignorant comments aagghhh!...

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
estebxx said:
nothing beats the kevin butler adverts.

also... why did i read the youtube comment section... such shitty ignorant comments aagghhh!...

Now I'm going to need to read it, thank you...

Let's see how "good" youtube comments can still be XD

i didnt knew you were a masochist XD.

but seriously there seems to be people thinking that the only PS4 exclusive out there is Infamous Second Son... ignorants...

I liked that "To Michael!" ad much more. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cfdbw9paC0

One thing I hate in advertisements is when a voiceover reads the exact same text that appears on screen. I guess they want to cover both the blind and the deaf portions of the population.
Other than that, I have seen many better PS4 ads, and most of them were mainstream...as mentioned already "Perfect Day" was the best, and definitely intended for all TV viewers.

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

i didnt knew you were a masochist XD.

but seriously there seems to be people thinking that the only PS4 exclusive out there is Infamous Second Son... ignorants...

I'm just so freaking curious, like a cat XD
I went there, the same trash as always, well, not in the level I was expecting to be honest, seems like youtube junk is getting a little softer

But still a very unpleasant place, that's for sure.

You should go to IGN and Gamespot videos for the level you expected.

Good commercial.