By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Options:

PC gaming. Mouse+Keyboard.

Slow paced games like puzzles or anything turn-based. Games like Civilization, Football Manager, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, etc.

Retro gaming. Arcade games and Gen5 (except for N64) or older console games are perfectly playable with a joystick.

Fighting games. Joystick again.

Around the Network

Get better man... horrible story, and im.happy you both came out of this alive.... it's stories like this that make me happy to have a ccw permit....

That really sucks, sorry to hear that. Good looking out for your girl though. May your recovery be a quick one, and fuller than they originally told you.

Sorry bro :( Those ass holes will get their just deserts one day!

That's terrible. Hoping for the fastest and fullest recovery possible for you.

Although your hand may be damaged, I think if you take a look at the opposite side of it, you will find this:

If gaming is even a small concern to you right now, there are people who manage to play games with handicaps -- I've even seen a guy beat Mario 64 playing only with his feet. Life finds a way, if you put your mind to it you can overcome this in time. For now though, we are all thankful that the blade found your hand instead of something considerably more vital.

Around the Network

I really hope you'll heal properly, not only your thumb but also the psychological trauma.

Damn! My sympathies to you for this horrible experience.

I guess at least there's still PC gaming, as you don't need thumbs so much for KB+M. What an irony that would be, incurring a disability makes you join the gaming "master race".

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

badgenome said:
Awful. Sorry this happened to you, dude. But keep a positive attitude and you will be gaming and fapping again before you know it.

Are you implying that he's like me and needs to use both hands to fap.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Hope u get better soon. Anyway, you still can play turn based RPG and other stuff!

I'm sure you'll be back in rare form in months. you'll be gaming again before you know it.