By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you're doing exactly what you're doing in 10 years, would you be happy?

I would be on my way to a happy retirement, with properties to help strengthen my retirement and most likely allow me into a early retirement, Not sure about that yet.

Yes I would.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
maverick40 said:
RCTjunkie said:

Do you work for Intel? You say you're a Junior Engineer and Intel's in your sig

Yup I certainly do! I have been working there for 2 years now. I got made permanent a few months ago which was a huge relief

Nice! I have interned there over the past few summers and always enjoyed it. I would like to work there once I graduate, but I have to avoid screwing up my ECE classes 

Awesome, what part did you intern in? 

Gilgamesh said:
S.Peelman said:
Single, broke and unemployed and living in my parent's basement. No thank you. .

Okay, we don't actually have a basement, but yes, I'm this pathetic.

Everyone get's to that point, the way out of it is a job. Find something your passionate about that you would be happy doing as your job for the rest of your life, even if it's a tough path, that will result in you finding your own place, then eventually new people.

I was a bit melodramatic, but the core is true. I appreciate the advice, and I know what needs to be done. I'm just unlucky enough to have an education, which on paper is a very good one, in a field that doesn't provide much perspective at the moment and was hit very hard by the economical crisis.

I spent 8 years on this degree (master's in engineering/architecture), but now it begins to feel like a bit of a waste. Don't get me wrong, it was the best of times and I'm proud of myself I earned my title. When I started however, there wasn't really an issue and jobs were plenty, but the board has changed after these years unfortunately. I'm not giving up though, but I'm slowly starting to begin to look at other fields of employment. I'm aware I could have a better chance outside Europe, but I really don't want to leave. I like my own country too much.

But yeah, I'm not giving up .

maverick40 said:

I can't share too much, but I did work with hardware with some lab engineers (No products that were super serious. That would be too much trust for an intern). It was great in being intellectually engaging but not impossible, and my coworkers were amazing.

RCTjunkie said:
maverick40 said:

I can't share too much, but I did work with hardware with some lab engineers (No products that were super serious. That would be too much trust for an intern). It was great in being intellectually engaging but not impossible, and my coworkers were amazing.

Wow, I didn't realize you were only two years younger than me. RCT. I thought you were younger =P

Around the Network

the_real_dsister44 said:

Wow, I didn't realize you were only two years younger than me. RCT. I thought you were younger =P

I did join when I was 13 and it showed a LOT. I have an immature style of humor so I can seem younger than I am. 

Ctrl F this thread.

Happy -33 hits

Sad - 6 hits

Goal- 10 hits

Achieve - 4 hits

Dream - 2 hits

Penis- 2 hits

Good job vgchartz.

As for me, I have a dream, that I think if I can manage to acheive it, will make me very happy- not sad- although it will be a tough goal to achieve and it does not involve my penis.

Even if I was the happiest person in the world, I wouldn't want to be doing the same things that I'm doing now because life would get boring. I think life is all about different experiences and learning a lot from those experiences. What makes you happy now may not make you happy in 2 years let alone 10 years. People mature and grow new likes all the time.

My goal is to find true inner peace

RCTjunkie said:
maverick40 said:

You learn quick ;) 

I can't say exactly what I do either but I am in TMG working on 14nm. But yeah, make sure you get a job at Intel, they will treat you well.

God I hope not I really dont want to take english 1301 now let alone for another 10 years.