By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alone: The Untold - PC/PS4 Exclusive

Looks promising, hope it does well! Edit: I was just thinking the same thing as globalisateur, Alone in the Dark 1992 was such a great classy game, and was the foundation for Resident evil.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

So a friend of mine is developing an indie exclusive for the PS4 and PC. It's not coming to Xbox because Microsoft wouldn't send them a dev kit. It's a story driven adrenture game with a hint of horror to it. He's sent me some screenshots and says he will show me some alpha footage in the coming weeks. A date and price will be provided soon. He's told me what they expect them to be but it's confidential. 

he site for more updates. http://alonetheuntold.com/

*He's sending me some more screenshots in a few mins so i'll update it with those when they come. 

Those 3 screens are very reministent of scenes (gameplay and cutscene) of Alone In the Dark (1992, Infogrames). Even the title is similar.

Are they inspired by Alone In the Dark to do their game? If yes I think it's a very good idea.

globalisateur said:
Kerotan said:

So a friend of mine is developing an indie exclusive for the PS4 and PC. It's not coming to Xbox because Microsoft wouldn't send them a dev kit. It's a story driven adrenture game with a hint of horror to it. He's sent me some screenshots and says he will show me some alpha footage in the coming weeks. A date and price will be provided soon. He's told me what they expect them to be but it's confidential. 

he site for more updates. http://alonetheuntold.com/

*He's sending me some more screenshots in a few mins so i'll update it with those when they come. 

Those 3 screens are very reministent of scenes (gameplay and cutscene) of Alone In the Dark (1992, Infogrames). Even the title is similar.

Are they inspired by Alone In the Dark to do their game? If yes I think it's a very good idea.

ii honestly don't know what inspired it. I was chatting to him about his game and he sent me the screenshots and told me a little about it. In the coming months they wil have more screenshots and some gameplay so i'll update you guys when the time comes. 

We want to thank you for the warm and kind words towards Alone.
The inspiration for Alone didn't come from Alone in the Dark but now when we look at it we see it as well. The inspiration behind it came from 2 simple questions. What makes a game good and what are the gamers looking for?
In our opinion we could have tried to make another survival multiplayer game but the market is flooded with them. So we wanted to create a game in which the player can lose himself through the story and the environment. So Alone came to life.
We assure you that we are working hard on Alone and it's a pleasure for us to create this indie title for the world to enjoy. Alone was a game that we wanted to develop for a long time but we had so many problems during the development. We had crashes/leaks and so forth which set us back way more than it should. We want to assure all of you that until Alone will be finished we will answer more questions. We are planing on revealing a trailer for the game in the near future, but until then more screenshots and some Alpha gameplay mechanics will be shown to the public.

here are some props from it. 

Around the Network

Looks really really nice

Screenshots look very nice. I'm curious to see how this game turns out.

Multiplayer survival horror is never scary.I look forward to anything new about the game as it gets closer to completion.

Your friend has talent

Getting a really mysterious vibe off of those screens. Well done! I'll be keeping an eye on this! Is there a twitter handle we can follow?