By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the japanese game designer elimination game - *YOKOI GONE, MIYAMOTO WINS*

Tagged games:

+Yokoi
-Sakurai

The best game to come from Mikami is Godhand. We also know the true reason sakurai lasted this long.

Around the Network

+Sakurai
-Miyamoto

(Miyamoto's strong enough to take a hit for now!)

I can't believe Tetsuya Takahashi is in the Top 4. Granted the Xeno saga is great, but I don't see it better than Final Fantasy 1-7, Mega Man, Resident Evil, or even Castlevania...! To each their own I guess...

+Shigeru Miyamoto (Walt Disney of gaming)
-Tetsuya Takahashi

Wizz_Beard_thePirate said:
+ sakurai
- takahashi

HA, Sakurai made it to the final 4! Take that you non-believers

Yeah, "non-believers"

all right, beliebers.

sakurai 7
takahashi 32
yokoi 62
miyamoto 71

will he make the top THREE!?

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Lol check in to see whats going on hear... Well I can see who the majority of voters here are =P
I mean Sakaguchi is gone but Takahashi stands strong, good joke. Shouldnt be surprised though, the options also show the same bias... I mean WHERE THE FUCK IS YUJI HORII??
No Harada, Yamauchi, Muramori, Nomura etc. I could go on. But you know Takumi, Itoi, Takehashi and what not can get in.

i'll give you horii and harada (i've already admitted harada was an oversight on my part), but do you really mean to tell me that final fantasy 1-7 (sakaguchi) < final fantasy's character design since then + kingdom hearts (nomura)? and given the spotty release record of dragon quest games in the west, i thought sakaguchi had the best name recognition.

i would have included nomura for kingdom hearts 1+2 and the world ends with you but someone suggested yu suzuki and i bumped him. sega's miyamoto versus the zipper guy. it wasn't a hard choice tbh. if i listed 30+ people, this would either never end or it would have to be a perpetual lightning round where two or three down votes (as opposed to six in this case) would have eliminated someone.

nowhere in the title did i say "best" or "most influential" or "best-selling"... just 20 well-regarded japanese game designers from among whom to choose... no-one is under any illusion this is definitive. it's a forum game.

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
I can't believe Tetsuya Takahashi is in the Top 4. Granted the Xeno saga is great, but I don't see it better than Final Fantasy 1-7, Mega Man, Resident Evil, or even Castlevania...! To each their own I guess...

+Shigeru Miyamoto (Walt Disney of gaming)
-Tetsuya Takahashi

Disney was a shrewd business man. Miyamoto is like Stan Lee. A glory sponge preventing the spotlight from ever being shown on the Jack Kirbys of gaming.

jetforcejiminy said:
ktay95 said:
Lol check in to see whats going on hear... Well I can see who the majority of voters here are =P
I mean Sakaguchi is gone but Takahashi stands strong, good joke. Shouldnt be surprised though, the options also show the same bias... I mean WHERE THE FUCK IS YUJI HORII??
No Harada, Yamauchi, Muramori, Nomura etc. I could go on. But you know Takumi, Itoi, Takehashi and what not can get in.

i'll give you horii and harada (i've already admitted harada was an oversight on my part), but do you really mean to tell me that final fantasy 1-7 (sakaguchi) < final fantasy's character design since then + kingdom hearts (nomura)? and given the spotty release record of dragon quest games in the west, i thought sakaguchi had the best name recognition.

i would have included nomura for kingdom hearts 1+2 and the world ends with you but someone suggested yu suzuki and i bumped him. sega's miyamoto versus the zipper guy. it wasn't a hard choice tbh. if i listed 30+ people, this would either never end or it would have to be a perpetual lightning round where two or three down votes (as opposed to six in this case) would have eliminated someone.

nowhere in the title did i say "best" or "most influential" or "best-selling"... just 20 well-regarded japanese game designers from among whom to choose... no-one is under any illusion this is definitive. it's a forum game.

Yes a poorly done forum game.
I mean the Nintendo bias in the options is obvious. Itoi with Mother 1-3 (only one of which made it westward) is on here but "The Zipper Guy" creator of Kingdom Hearts and character designer for FF isnt, nor is the creator of Japan's most popular franchise Yuji Horii. Anyway their is others that you skipped over for people with no right to be in something like this and its laughable.

ktay95 said:

Yes a poorly done forum game.
I mean the Nintendo bias in the options is obvious. Itoi with Mother 1-3 (only one of which made it westward) is on here but "The Zipper Guy" creator of Kingdom Hearts and character designer for FF isnt, nor is the creator of Japan's most popular franchise Yuji Horii. Anyway their is others that you skipped over for people with no right to be in something like this and its laughable.

hey, i mean no disrespect to edward scissorhands. you missed the part where i said this means nothing. it's a game. certainly nothing to get worked up over. if you disagree, i think abstaining is a fair response.

+ tetsuya takahashi
- shigeru miyamoto