By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One lost another exclusive

NightDragon83 said:
ZarskiSold said:
NightDragon83 said:
So it went from being exclusive to one M$ platform to two? OMG MEGATON!!!

By the same token, PS4 "exclusives" like No Man's Sky and Street Fighter V aren't exclusives either, because they also will be appearing on Windows platforms.

LMAo no not even remotely the same token.  

Sony got 3rd partys to side with them, they strengthend the PS brand.  MS is weakening their own, they are by choice decreasing a need for peopel to buy a xbox console.  durr.

This is nothing new... many of the early 360 console "exclusives" last gen like Mass Effect, Gears of War, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead and Elder Scrolls IV were also released on PC and some were even ported to PS3 later on.  Didn't hurt the 360s sales last gen, and it won't hurt the X1's sales this gen.

Nice opinion to support your view, care to now prove it.

Cause the way PS3 eventually cought up to 360 and started out selling it.  One could say 360 losing exclusives likley was a part of the reason why.

X1 is to weak in comparison to the PS4 to be losing exclusivity and for it not to hurt.  

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure everyone remembers Titanfall, right? It was released for the Xbox One,Xbox 360, and...PC! If people still bought the Xbox One Titanfall bundle even thought it is also going to PC as well it wouldn't matter if Fable Legends goes to PC as well not to mention that there are people who prefer to game on Xbox instead of the PC.

Proud to be a Californian.

Halo 5 won't be coming to PC.
Microsoft needs that title to sell consoles.

NightDragon83 said:

By the same token, PS4 "exclusives" like No Man's Sky and Street Fighter V aren't exclusives either, because they also will be appearing on Windows platforms.

Console exclusives. Say it with me..."console exclusives".

starcraft said:
SkyHold said:
starcraft said:

They don't own Sunset Overdrive so it can go wherever Insomniac wants it to.That is part of the problem right there and I said years ago that M should just be a third party publisher.They would make more moneyand can set up Live on PC much like steam and release their games on the other consoles.All they do is push and promote third party games anyway and port their games to pc.I don;t see why anyone would have a problem with that.

You're referring to sequels. I believe Burek and the original poster were talking about the original Sunset Overdrive.

MS does not own the franhcise.So the original can go wherever.It would have a different name like Ninja Gaiden (Sigma) 2.Either way that is bad for Xbox to have one of the games according to the media and Xbox fans praise and a reason to won an Xbox go to the rival platform.Put it this way,if I wanted Sunset,I would just wait for the sequel to hit PS4 instead of being an Xbox or PC.Does it make sense for someone like me to buy an X1?

Microsoft and Insomniac have been pretty clear that the original game (and any minor variation to it) is exclusively on Xbox One. Anything beyond that is obviously going to require Microsoft's consent.

The same was said about Bioshock,Star Ocean,Mass Effect and Ninja gaiden 2 too.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
ZarskiSold said:
NightDragon83 said:

LMAo no not even remotely the same token.  

Sony got 3rd partys to side with them, they strengthend the PS brand.  MS is weakening their own, they are by choice decreasing a need for peopel to buy a xbox console.  durr.

This is nothing new... many of the early 360 console "exclusives" last gen like Mass Effect, Gears of War, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead and Elder Scrolls IV were also released on PC and some were even ported to PS3 later on.  Didn't hurt the 360s sales last gen, and it won't hurt the X1's sales this gen.

The 360 had a head start and was already a success by the time those games were ported.Xbox One is struggling right now and this is not helping.

SkyHold said:
starcraft said:

Microsoft and Insomniac have been pretty clear that the original game (and any minor variation to it) is exclusively on Xbox One. Anything beyond that is obviously going to require Microsoft's consent.

Not...one of them had anything like the development-funding relationship that Sunset Overdrive does....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

darkenergy said:
I'm pretty sure everyone remembers Titanfall, right? It was released for the Xbox One,Xbox 360, and...PC! If people still bought the Xbox One Titanfall bundle even thought it is also going to PC as well it wouldn't matter if Fable Legends goes to PC as well not to mention that there are people who prefer to game on Xbox instead of the PC.

I remember TitanFall failed to sell the Xbox One.Had the game been Xbox One only the people who wanted to play it from 360 and PC would have had to buy an X1 to play i.

starcraft said:
SkyHold said:
starcraft said:

Not...one of them had anything like the development-funding relationship that Sunset Overdrive does....

It doesn't matter since Insomiac owns the game and they said before that they could bring i to other platforms if they wanted to.MS just published the game,so funding is irrelevant.They funded Ryse and it is on PC,which makes it a none exclusive.There are no such thing as console exclusive BTW since PC is a platform and I can play games on my PC as can most people.

SkyHold said:
starcraft said:

It doesn't matter since Insomiac owns the game and they said before that they could bring i to other platforms if they wanted to.MS just published the game,so funding is irrelevant.They funded Ryse and it is on PC,which makes it a none exclusive.There are no such thing as console exclusive BTW since PC is a platform and I can play games on my PC as can most people.

I get the sense you're more hopeful than, examining what's been said lol. A theoretical possibility does not create a likelihood.

Either way, I guess we'll see.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS