By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Activision try again with COD Wii U this year?

Doubt it.

Around the Network

It'll be competing with Splatoon; it seems that it may be unwise. You wouldn't want it to prove vastly superior and permanently take any potential life-long CoD players.

I doubt it, especially considering that Wii U's sales for Black OpS II and Ghosts are both about 1% of total sales. IT would probably be more profitable to have the developers work on DLC instead.

CoD doesn't need to come back to Wii U. I wouldn't mind it if did, but if it doesn't, we need not consider it a tragedy.

Treyarch have always been much better at supporting the Wii than IW. COD Ghosts for example was ported to Wii U by Treyarch. Black Ops II launched simultaneously on all platforms and that includes Wii U.

I think there's a slight chance Black Ops 3 will make it to Wii U.

Around the Network

Any thing's possible, but I find it unlikely.

They don't care about install base. The Wii U could sell 80M, but that doesn't mean much to third parties if their games don't sell well on the system

NobleTeam360 said:
What's the point? I'm honestly surprised they kept making the games for Nintendo consoles for as long as they did.

Well the game did sell decently on the Wii.

Call of Duty 3 - 2.23 mil

Call of Duty 4 - 1.51 mil

World At War - 1.92 mil

Black Ops - 1.36 mil

Modern Warfare 3 - .8 mil

And a few of these were very late ports. 

I think the Wii U is just too much of a core gamer's console that it doesn't appeal to the Call of Duty audience, unlike the Wii which had mainstream gamers and core gamers. 

Not a chance.

of course..............................................not

Click HERE and be happy