By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many dungeons will Zelda Wii U have?

Predict how many

4 2 1.20%

5 2 1.20%

6 11 6.59%

7 24 14.37%

8 43 25.75%

9 16 9.58%

10 21 12.57%

more 48 28.74%

Total:167

7/9 to complete the game a few more optional very rewarding not mandatory to end-credit purposes

Switch!!!

Around the Network

we should keep something in mind, this game is going to be very different from other zelda games in terms of infrastructure, so we should expect more dungeons. I imagine something like 10 main dungeons and 20+ side dungeons or caves with different scales. Those little dungeons in ALBW is a hint. btw Hi, I'm new :).

onionberry said:

btw Hi, I'm new :).

hi, me too, friends?

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

7-9 dungeons with quite a few "caves", maybe 50? And 10-20 "strongholds" ^^ now THAT'S a next gen Zelda :D

And welcome to both of the new arrivals above :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

[deleted: double post]

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network
Recycle001 said:
onionberry said:

btw Hi, I'm new :).

hi, me too, friends?

HylianSwordsman said:
OOT had 9 main dungeons, really, not 10. Inside the Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern, Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly, Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, and Spirit Temples, and Ganon's Tower. 12 if you count the Bottom of the Well, Ice Cavern, and Gerudo Training Grounds mini dungeons, which Zelda Dungeon does, so seems legit to me. I'm personally hoping for 8-11 main dungeons and several mini dungeons, maybe even more than main dungeons. I recall them saying in interviews that every idea that anyone on the team comes up with can be put in due to the size of the game, so dungeon concepts that wouldn't make for full dungeons can become mini dungeons. So I'm not getting my hopes up but I could totally see 20+ dungeons when counting mini dungeons. There's definitely room for them, be they big as OOT Hyrule Field or not. Zelda U Field looks like you could fit about 16 OOT Hyrule Fields in it. So figure 9 OOT field sized dungeons, plus about 12 mini dungeons a quarter the size of that, many entirely underground as well, and you'd have plenty of room for them with tons of extra room for towns, castles, bridges, and rolling hills, plains, rivers and mountains. Don't get overhyped though, as we could be overestimating what the team has time to do. The game has undergone huge revisions, after all.

You're right OOT has only 9, i made a mistake.

Give me a few masterpieces and then let the rest be smaller mini dungeouns/caves.

Only 1, the whole map is the dungeon

hoping for at least 8 but I do want more of course plus some small ones

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(