Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just played Resident Evil Remake HD

Resident Evil remake HD?

Yes! 47 59.49%

yes... 7 8.86%

no... 12 15.19%

No! 13 16.46%

Total:79
CDiablo said:
What are fixed controls? I dont really like RE games without the tank controls.

You have the option of the original tank controls, or a slightly updated faster moment, I've tried the new version and it's cool in a sense but it also removes one of the fear factors by allowing you to act faster

Around the Network

My internet is somewhat lazy today, so I started downloading it at 1 pm on my 360 and so far it's 76% complete. I'm so damn hyped, yet it is taking so damn long. :(

aren't the controls part of why it was so scary before though?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Which version of this game will I get? I just don't know....

Chevinator123 said:
Just a heads up to people, PSN users are getting that 10% discount code this weekend

Just a heads up for people, PSN users should have reserved the game last week to secure both the PS3 and PS4 versions for one price.  Essentially making the two versions 10 dollars each, and you don't have to wait until the weekend.  If for some reason you don't reseve it, you'll have to pay 20 dollars for each version.  Cross-by is no longer included with the purchase.

Anyway.  The game looks great.  I wanted to hold out for the 10% discount, but I wasn't going to risk losing out on a free PS4 version to save 2 bucks, so I went ahead and reserved it.  Good thing too, because the code never came.

I'm having fun with it.  I'll be practicing zombie avoiding, because I know killing them in this version of the game is a no-no.

Around the Network

Well, I just tried to play it for about 30 minutes, and I gave up. Just too old fashioned for me.
Even with updated controls, thw camera is still fixed, so it's damn confusing when it suddenly shifts. I'm going forward one minute then backward the next. No button prompts, so I keep clicking items like crazy. Everything you want to do yo have to confirm ten times. Inventory system sucks, I couldn't figure out how to discard some emblem so I can pick up a herb to heal myself. And so on...in only 30 minutes...

I know most of you are gaming and RE veterans. I really like RE and was looking forward to this, but I just cannot wrap my brain around it.
I am both confused and impressed at the same time how anyone managed to play games like this. It certainly took a lot of skill to be able to handle the game. Gaming back then obviously was not for a casual gamer like me.

Well, I need to stick to games from 2014/15, the ones I actually know how to play. A short break to recover from this experience, then Dying Light next week.

d21lewis said:
Which version of this game will I get? I just don't know....

PS4 is the cheapest I guess, with the discount. I paid very little money because  of the US sanctions against Russia, which destroyed the value of my country currency (brazilian Real). So, yes, the worst global crysis in 50 years gave me a cheap RE HD =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Burek said:
Well, I just tried to play it for about 30 minutes, and I gave up. Just too old fashioned for me.
Even with updated controls, thw camera is still fixed, so it's damn confusing when it suddenly shifts. I'm going forward one minute then backward the next. No button prompts, so I keep clicking items like crazy. Everything you want to do yo have to confirm ten times. Inventory system sucks, I couldn't figure out how to discard some emblem so I can pick up a herb to heal myself. And so on...in only 30 minutes...

I know most of you are gaming and RE veterans. I really like RE and was looking forward to this, but I just cannot wrap my brain around it.
I am both confused and impressed at the same time how anyone managed to play games like this. It certainly took a lot of skill to be able to handle the game. Gaming back then obviously was not for a casual gamer like me.

Well, I need to stick to games from 2014/15, the ones I actually know how to play. A short break to recover from this experience, then Dying Light next week.

Oh, back in the day these games were cutting edge amazing. Now it is nostalgic horror fun really =D It is totally diferent then playing a FPS or even a modern Silent Hill, it is almost a Adventure Game.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Fixed controls? What was wrong with them?

Riverstyx said:
Fixed controls? What was wrong with them?

You can now choose between the classic "tank" controls or a direct action directional input.