By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Advanced Warfare outsold World at War ):

World at War deserves special credit for kicking off the whole zombies trend for the series. I spent many many hours in that mode. It was one of the few games where I bought every DLC pack just to get all the Zombies maps. The mode just wasn't as fun in the Black Ops games.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'd love World at War 2 but sadly I don't think Activision/Treyarch will go for it since World at War didn't sell that well compared to the other CoD games since CoD 4. I guess the days of WW2 CoD games are over for good : ( Treyarch will probably make Black Ops 3 next, Infinity Ward will probably make Ghosts 2 next (since the ending set up a sequel), and Sledgehammer will probably make Advanced Warfare 2 next.

That . . . sounds incredibly boring.

Agreed. The only 1 of the 3 that interests me is Advanced Warfare 2 and that's a 2017 release. I didn't like Black Ops that much and Ghosts was a nightmare. Ideally I'd like the next 3 CoD's to be World at War 2 from Treyarch, Modern Warfare 4 from Infinity Ward, and Advanced Warfare 2 from Sledgehammer.

Ghosts was awful. I had fun with Black Ops but didn't care for Black Ops 2 and I haven't tried Advanced Warfare. I agree though that the best way to handle the cycle would be an old war game, a modern shooter and a futuristic shooter. If they recycle that the games are less likely to get stale.

shikamaru317 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

everybody has been asking for a world war 2 game and treyarch knows that so i honestly think there's zero chance they do another futuristic game especially with the decline of the franchise

I think for variety's sake each of the 3 CoD developers should focus on different time periods moving forward, Treyarch on historic games (because they proved they're good at historic games with WaW and Black Ops 1), Infinity Ward on modern games (because they're best at modern games, the Modern Warfare series was great), and Sledgehammer on futuristic games (because they've proven they're great at that with Advanced Warfare).

Heck, Treyarch doesn't even have to make a WW2 game imo, I would love to see a game focused on a war that not many video games cover, such as WW1 or the Korean War.

my friends and i have actually been asking for a korean war call of duty for a while now, along with a world war 2 game of course.