By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV lead designer impressed with Xenoblade Chronicles X

super_etecoon said:
The part that gets me in this quote...not that it isn't a great quote...is that the dude doesn't have a WiiU yet. Really? It's not like you're like the peasants like us down here who can only afford one or maybe two consoles per generation. The guy's got money...and to ignore an entire catalogue of great games seems silly. Even if he just has it to see what Nintendo is doing or what other developers are doing. Do the console wars really go on up there in the upper echelon of game design, too?

He is a developer in Japan. You think he has time for multiple consoles? Maybe he's only a fan of JRPGs, in which case it's understandable that he hasn't bought the Wii U yet.

He openly declared his love for a game from a competitor platform and you are still calling console war?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
vivster said:
I just hope people won't compare both games too much.

They already have been. 

Yeah I know, but I can hope that it won't get out of hand. Those games are pretty different and have very different goals and approaches.

But I guess people will just go: "Oh look! 2 games of the same genre that are vaguely open world?? Let's compare them as equals!!"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Clyde32 said:
vivster said:
I just hope people won't compare both games too much.

They already have been. 

Yeah I know, but I can hope that it won't get out of hand. Those games are pretty different and have very different goals and approaches.

But I guess people will just go: "Oh look! 2 games of the same genre that are vaguely open world?? Let's compare them as equals!!"

Well now we know the lead designer loves Xenoblade Chronicles, so there could be some inspiration there.

Most likely if you go near that sandworm it will attack you and you'll be in a bit of trouble. Maybe it would just ignore you though.

Always good to see devs giving props to other devs. Shows the fans how petty they've been.

Kojima depressed confirmed?

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
The part that gets me in this quote...not that it isn't a great quote...is that the dude doesn't have a WiiU yet. Really? It's not like you're like the peasants like us down here who can only afford one or maybe two consoles per generation. The guy's got money...and to ignore an entire catalogue of great games seems silly. Even if he just has it to see what Nintendo is doing or what other developers are doing. Do the console wars really go on up there in the upper echelon of game design, too?

Exactly why would he need a WII U? He doesn't need all consoles to be able to design games nor does he ever need a WII U for that matter. It's even sillier to think that not owning a WII U or any other consoles is silly.

super_etecoon said:

I have one system and that's generally the way it's always been throughout my adult life,  it's got nothing to do with finances and everything to do with time. This guy works in a high pressure, deadline-driven industry, I doubt he's got too much time for gaming himself.

the_dengle said:
Most likely if you go near that sandworm it will attack you and you'll be in a bit of trouble. Maybe it would just ignore you though.

Always good to see devs giving props to other devs. Shows the fans how petty they've been.

Most likely a unique monster. It will attack you if you are near it, so it's probably a good idea to avoid it. 

Unless it's a regular enemy like a Deinos Sauros. In that case run.

He better!

did he say anything about the character models?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5