By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is the new 3ds XL worth the extra cash and wait over the 3ds?

sounds cool. The og xl had pretty quiet speakers compared to the original so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be disappointed, but if it's better than the original 3ds I'll be happy!

About crosstalk, from wikipedia : In electronicscrosstalk (XT) is any phenomenon by which a signal transmitted on one circuit or channel of a transmission system creates an undesired effect in another circuit or channel.

Basically with the 3d on, games with a lot of contrast in environements like pilotwings, ocarina of time (the sages room is the worst place in the game) or the monster hunter 4 demo will look weird in 3d. It happens because the screen separates the two images using a filter that isn't totally perfect ; so the white part of an image meant to be seen by your left eye will still be kinda visible by your right eye if it's displayed "over" the dark part of the image meant to be seen by your right eye.

it's kinda hard to explain without an example though, so i went on youtube and found this :

http://youtu.be/422R96LlrYI

it's a comparison between two og 3dsxl and it shows that the stereoscopic filter is better on the unit on the left. On my original 3ds the effect is pretty much like the xl on the right in the video, you can clearly see the crosstalk effect. How about your new xl?

edit: do you think the old stylus would fit in the new 3ds? Because I have a bunch of spare ones that i'd probably prefer using rather than the plastic one.

Around the Network
blessedswine said:
ive been playing some Smash and stuff today love that game more on the 3ds then i do on my WiiU, also i got a demo code from someone on Miiverse for Monster Hunter 4 after playing it....Yea its a must own for me. lol

The new 3ds will be pretty sweet for smash imo. The second analog makes air combos a bit easier.

Soriku said:
You should be using headphones or even plugging in external speakers over using the stock 3DS ones.

Yeah I know, I do that sometimes but I like the stock speakers on my regular 3ds. the old xl's are kind of a disappointement.