By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can we talk about how disappointing Halo MCC sales have been this holiday?

While not a flop by any stretch of the imagination, finishing the year with only 1.86m is pretty low for game with so much content and hype behind it. A lot of people expected this to track like a mainline Halo title. It was easily outsold by Smash Bros, and Driveclub is only 300k behind it.

So what happened? Did the online issues just kill word of mouth for the game? Is Halo slowing down as a franchise? Was the idea of replaying old Halo games not as appealing as we predicted?

Thoughts?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Small Xbone user base.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

It's a remaster never expected high numbers

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Who expected it to track like a main Halo title? toastboy?

Neh, I mean, it is a remaster at the end of the day. A great remaster but a remaster none the less so maybe if your a big halo fan and you played all of them already, you might not care too much about it, specially with the esssh worthy online during launch.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Well, you can play Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 all on the 360. It sold about as well as I thought it would at this point. I'm sure a lot of people held because of the online issues. Idk, maybe it was too soon for a collection like this.

pbroy said:
Small Xbone

I see...inferiority complex then?

I saw people expecting 5 million. Not that you should consider the game a flop because some expected it to do more, but there you have.

It's a matter of it being broken at launch. And the fact that so much people bought the originals (and played the shit out of it) so they don't see the point in buying

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

bubblegamer said:
I saw people expecting 5 million. Not that you should consider the game a flop because some expected it to do more, but there you have.

I think it's still possible to do 5 million but not in a short time

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m