By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

Boutros said:

Thanks for all information, sir, like always :)

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Uh, so much to read... Wrapup available? What is the current state of "believed" numbers?

Hey, Wii U did well! Relatively speaking, of course. I do wish that Tropical Freeze was higher than that though. It deserves so much more.

3DS- 810k
PSV+PSTV -150k
PSV - 130k
PSTV -20k

Vita is massively undertracked, by nearly 100K!

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Is it me or is Nintendo finally turning things around?

Around the Network
kdognumba1 said:
Is it me or is Nintendo finally turning things around?

In which way? You mean WiiU, right?

kowenicki said:
Nice number across the board really.

...and an almost 1/4 million lead over the PS4 for the ONE is very decent indeed.

Almost 250k? I think after all the negative press the console had since launch (justified or not) it is very surprising that they managed to gain momentum at the end of the year.

I have to say, pretty impressive tracking for XB1, PS4 and WiiU!

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

walsufnir said:
kowenicki said:
Nice number across the board really.

...and an almost 1/4 million lead over the PS4 for the ONE is very decent indeed.

Almost 250k? I think after all the negative press the console had since launch (justified or not) it is very surprising that they managed to gain momentum at the end of the year.

Shouldn't be that surprising. Bad press happened 18 months ago, lately XBox has been mostly praised.

Also, at the beginning, the price tag could not be justified, as many potential consumers didn't see that much value in Kinect. But starting this holiday season, with a price drop and blockbuster games bundled, customers took advantage of a much better value proposition.

Entry price has been reduced by 30%, but the value of the product has increased much much more than just 30%.

I do knock them, but very very impressive tracking with VGC

The numbers themselves, XB1 bad, PS4 worse, WiiU OK obviously Im talking based on expectations.
I would of thought that XB1 > PS4 gap would of been more. Is this the first year ever that the number one software doesnt sell a million?