By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

POE said:
Mystro-Sama said:
POE said:
naruball said:
POE said:
people whine for everything this days...

I know, right? Next thing you know people will whine about consoles being sold without controllers. I mean you can buy one from amazon for x amount of money, so no biggie. 

Of course,  my wii u didn´t came with any wii mote controls although a lot of games require them (Nintendo Land for example). Im using my old ones, just as you can use your old ac adapter... or buy a new one you know.

Poor example. The Wii U is not a Wii. Do you expect Gamecube controllers to come with the Wii? No.

Did the wii had any game were you needed a gamecube controller to play it??

It's a Wii. It's meant to play Wii games. The backwards compatibility is an added feature for those who enjoy that. It's hardly similar to a charger, something that you need in order for the device to even work.

Around the Network
Dusk said:
MikeRox said:

Which phones don't include power adapters? My newest phones have all included one. It's led to a plethora of USB - Mains adapters though I've just got a multi USB plug as I can charge both my phone, Vita and tablet up simultaneously using that with a single socket.

http://www.o2.co.uk/thinkbig/planet/sustainable-products-and-services/charger-out-of-the-box

That's a network, not the actual phones. That's the equivalent of GameStop not providing chargers. Have any manufacturers stopped providing chargers (I don't doubt it if proves popular with people they will do in the future)? I wonder if it applies to iPhones where legit chargers cost significantly more than any other phone and Apple have changed the fitting so old chargers don't work.

I would have said it's not quite the same practice, as turnover of phone handsets is faster, but actually, Nintendo clearly expect their owners to pick up a new 3DS every 12-24 months so actually yeah, it is the same haha.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

RolStoppable said:

It is, but the other side isn't any better.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Oh don't you worry ... 

I hate the other side even more so I'm still going with Nintendo on handhelds but this brings some disappointment to me since I'm a customer of their portable lines ...

RolStoppable said:
fatslob-:O said:
People are actually defending this ?!

This is sooo messed up ...

It is, but the other side isn't any better.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Yeah... That simple. ¬_¬

It's not expensive. Only 10 bucks, plus taxes. Yeah. That's why it's so stupid that they don't include it with the system to begin with.  

People may like the system, but not the practice. Not everyone is all forgiving towards their console maker of choice. 

The system isn't 200USD. It's actually 210USD plus taxes. Not a huge difference, you'll say. But the principle remains. You don't get a working system for 200USD. 

Nintendo should sell the Wii U without the Gamepad charger. Don't you think?

RolStoppable said:

Just to be clear, by the other side I meant the people freaking out over this, not Sony's Vita.

"Never blame the customers" ... 

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
ktay95 said:
They are thinking $199 looks a lot better than $219 (or however much the charger costs their)
Plus they are saving money of current owners of one so really its best for the consumer.
Is it that hard to grab a charger too if you need it??

people who want to trade theirs in can't without a charger.

And that's the main issue I was about to point out, I want to buy the new model but I can't shave any of the price off it without handing in my charger with my regular 3DS, ergo Nintendo are forcing me to give my charger away while shaving very little off the new device while at the same time getting me to buy yet another new charger because they simply can't accept one without a charger, what bat shit insane logic is that?.

I was lucky to get a charger with my regular 3DS back in Oct 2013 but that was only because the other models didn't actually include one and on my island chargers cost up to £15 which I wasn't willing to pay extra for, one elss option down which made the crystal white the only choice to go for, even then it was bundled with a game I didn't want so HMV was kind enough to buy the game back from me which put the handheld down to a regular would be price.

I can't understand those who defend the decision though, Sony's vita memory card prices and system is bad enough but like others have said this is like buying a car without the tyres, it shouldn't work that way at all, I buy a phone and always get a charger, I buy a console and always get a plug, I buy a PSU for my PC and always get a plug, I always got a charger with my Nintendo handhelds right up until the 3DS.

Look at it from a business point of view, Nintendo gets to save money for some reason beyond logic and customers get two less options when it comes to new product choice, I really don't see how anyone could defend it, just because it happened and sold well before doesn't make it right, you want to make it as fair as possible for all parties, not just your own because you think it's fair to you.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

RolStoppable said:

I am not telling people to suck it up and pay extra for a charger. I am telling them to not buy a 3DS if the excluded charger bothers them so much.

That's not good for anyone since there's no vocal feedback to be had ...

I had a look at the cheapest unlocked phone on amazon
$10.95 new and it includes a charger

Why did the Wii U fail? Because Nintendo are cheap. The Wii U would of sold much better if they spent a bit more money on the hardware
Nintendo : OK By not including a charger we are going to sell less of these new 3DS's but hey we save $2 or whatever a charger costs
[facepalm]

Nintendo are penny pinching old ladies.

why would u want yet another 3ds

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...