By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

So far I haven't seen a nintendo game where the pre release/cutscene material is lower than the actual ingame graphics of the finished products. but history asside, we have already seen direct feed videos of xenoblade and confirmed cutscenes = ingame graphics.

And I don't mind comparing cutscenes, the problem is that people tend to show bullshots or cutscenes that look better than gameplay, when argumenting about ps360 graphics.

Which is worse than what you're doing? That being showing the worst blurry gameplay shots of games you've possibly never played in your life and calling them accurate representations of the game?

I'm showing real gameplay shots. And I've personaly seen all those games running.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:

Which is worse than what you're doing? That being showing the worst blurry gameplay shots of games you've possibly never played in your life and calling them accurate representations of the game?

I'm showing real gameplay shots. And I'vepersonaly seen all those games running.

You're showing the worst possible gameplay shots you can find, but seriously considering your post above I feel that it's completely pointless to have this conversation with you, you clearly are unable to turn a certain part of yourself off to judge these characters at least somewhat objectively, you're reminding me of a member that was permabanned about half a year ago right now.

bigtakilla said:
KylieDog said:

The faces look better, is no arguing it.  If you want to switch this to a technical argument then XCX looks bad compared to everything on PS4 and Xbone, because those consoles games "have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures."  But that wasn't my point, only the eventual outcome of yours.

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.  A game in the same genre and which XC was often compared to, so a very fair comparison.

I can argue it, no they don't..... Like at all.

And it goes downhill VERY quickly from there when you look at their clothing. 

That was kind of easy actually. 

BTW: Isn't this a cutscene compared to something that is in game graphics?... Thought so. 

Every single Xenoblade X image linked is from a cutscene. Literally every single one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I am underwhelmed by the graphics so 60 FPS wouldn't be that big of a surprise to me. I will still be getting the game however because I loved Xenoblade chronicles..

DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

On nintendo, what you see is what you get. The other pictures show the real graphics of ps360 titles, if you find them horrible then it proves my point.

I doesn't, not in the slightest, you can find horrible screenshots of every game out there and it doesn't prove anything. You're just displaying some huge hypocrisy here, you don't want to use cutscene characters for the games I named but clearly compare them to cutscene characters for XCX.

And finally it should be noted that I'm not only about the character models, but the characters as a whole that also includes face models and animations, both areas where XCX is pretty subpar as well.

So far I haven't seen a nintendo game where the pre release/cutscene material is lower than the actual ingame graphics of the finished products. but history asside, we have already seen direct feed videos of xenoblade and confirmed cutscenes = ingame graphics.

And I don't mind comparing cutscenes, the problem is that people tend to show bullshots or cutscenes that look better than gameplay, when argumenting about ps360 graphics.

Most of the screenshots were accurate. Most games look better in motion anyway.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
bigtakilla said:
KylieDog said:

The faces look better, is no arguing it.  If you want to switch this to a technical argument then XCX looks bad compared to everything on PS4 and Xbone, because those consoles games "have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures."  But that wasn't my point, only the eventual outcome of yours.

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.  A game in the same genre and which XC was often compared to, so a very fair comparison.

I can argue it, no they don't..... Like at all.

And it goes downhill VERY quickly from there when you look at their clothing. 

That was kind of easy actually. 

BTW: Isn't this a cutscene compared to something that is in game graphics?... Thought so. 

Every single Xenoblade X image linked is from a cutscene. Literally every single one.

He's talking about in-game graphics cutscene vs in-engine graphics cutscene. I believe what this means is in in-game cutscenes the models
 used are the same as during gameplay and in in-engine cutscenes different, more detailed models are used but those aren't the ones you play with. If that is the case (and I think this was already proved to be right but dunno for sure) what his saying is that XCX cutscenes are representative of the gameplay graphics whilst the others are not. So in order to compare graphics you can't use XCX cutscene Vs Others cutscene, but instead XCX cutscene/gameplay shot Vs Otehrs gameplay shot.

shloob said:
I am underwhelmed by the graphics so 60 FPS wouldn't be that big of a surprise to me. I will still be getting the game however because I loved Xenoblade chronicles..

Really? I think the world looks pretty damn good (especially considering the huge scale). The character faces look slightly disturbing though...

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Personally it just baffles me how much backlash this game is getting because of its faces. And how people just mix up graphics with art styles. It's obviously supposed to be anime like faces. Even from the cutscenes with the ships shooting seems it was taken from an anime/manga movie. I don't understand how people can even debate this. If I Iike it with better than realistic faces? Not really, but that doesn't make the game even a little bit less appealing to me, and I even find the characters models to be quite nice I couldn't care less. Hell, we'll spend 95% of the time looking at the back of their heads. Besides their faces, the bodies look great.

Seriously, the game looks gorgeous.

Giggs_11 said:
outlawauron said:

He's talking about in-game graphics cutscene vs in-engine graphics cutscene. I believe what this means is in in-game cutscenes the models
 used are the same as during gameplay and in in-engine cutscenes different, more detailed models are used but those aren't the ones you play with. If that is the case (and I think this was already proved to be right but dunno for sure) what his saying is that XCX cutscenes are representative of the gameplay graphics whilst the others are not. So in order to compare graphics you can't use XCX cutscene Vs Others cutscene, but instead XCX cutscene/gameplay shot Vs Otehrs gameplay shot.

It's funny because even if true, he has nothing to prove it. Please should wait till the game actually releases before attempting to do graphical comparisons.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Tagging for future response.