By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Zelda Elimination Game (Updated! The Winner is...)

+MM
-OoT

Around the Network

+ ALBW and - OoT

+Majora's Mask
-A Link Between Worlds

wangjingwanjia said:
Samus Aran said:

So many people seemingly (?) stuck in the past lol.

Why bother making new Zelda games if the first 3D one was the best? Nintendo should kill off the franchise if people think OoT is the best. They're obviously not doing a good job if they can't improve.

Clearly 15 fps is the way to go for the next Zelda.

Well, I guess that most of the younger fans will prefer the newer Zelda titles, such as TP or SS. And probably some of the handheld titles as well above both OoT and ALttP.

But in my opinion yes, OoT and ALttP are close to perfection. I would prefer a remastered version of one of those games instead of a new Zelda. But I still want new Zelda's to be released. I enjoy almost every single one of them and Minish Cap is also in the top for my part, perhaps even better than ALttP. 

My biggest problem with the new Zelda's is that they change too much and there's always some flaws for me to make me like the games less. In TP I really didn't enjoy the turn-into-a-wolf-part, but the other half of the game was great. And in SS I thought the new sword mechanics were too inaccurate and made it even difficult at times to play. In WW the boat-travelling was tiring, and the ocean-hunt for triforce pieces. In MM the night-and-day thing got me tired really quickly, it was just a big letdown for me. So in basically every new Zelda after OoT there's something I dislike, but love the games nonetheless.

In OoT, ALttP and Minish Cap there's not really anything that I don't like about them. All the elements of the games are good or even really good. And if you look at those games they are pretty much "classic" Zelda's in many ways. They are simple and enjoyable.

So for me to really enjoy a new Zelda it would have to "go back to its roots" so to say, and don't change too much or introduce some really crazy stuff. But I know the new Zelda U will introduce something new, Nintendo always do that, so I can only hope for it to be enjoyable and for Nintendo to show me I am wrong. :)

Why do you think I upvote ALBW? The wall painting mechanic is the best thing to grace the Zelda franchise in a long time.

+Link to the Past
-Ocarina of Time

Around the Network

+Ocarina of Time
-Majora's Mask

+Majora's Mask
-Link Between Worlds

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

+OOT
-MM

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

+ Majora's Mask
- Ocarina of Time

+OoT
-LBW