By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What lessons did Nintendo learn this gen you think?

They learned how to nickel-and-dime their fanbase.

Around the Network

Power means EVERYTHING!!!!

Say Bye Bye to Casual gamers.

Price doesnt matter

MARKETING!!!!

NEED 3rd Party Support

DROP the Wii Remote!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

the_dengle said:
They learned how to nickel-and-dime their fanbase.

Gotta buy them all.  

What did they learn? Hopefully to everything the opposite of how they did the Wii U lol. I mean seriously I could write a book on the things they did wrong.

Soundwave said:

Gotta buy them all.  

I gave amiibo a fair shake and I have decided that I don't like them. Haven't bought any. Don't want any. Disappointed that I may eventually feel the need to buy one in order to access actual, significant in-game content like the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors.

Around the Network

I think they learned next to nothing. It's Nintendo after all. The only thing they might have realized is that they need better launch titles and a better name for the console. I doubt they learned anything else.

They should learn how to adapt to modern trends quicker and not work with third parties

the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

Gotta buy them all.  

I gave amiibo a fair shake and I have decided that I don't like them. Haven't bought any. Don't want any. Disappointed that I may eventually feel the need to buy one in order to access actual, significant in-game content like the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors.

When yhey first announced amibo and how it would work, I knew i wouldnt like it for the reason you listed. Its really just expensive DLC in hard form. Maybe im being cynical but it seems Ninty takes and idea (in this case Skylanders) and makes it worse just for the sake of being different.

oniyide said:
the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

Gotta buy them all.  

When yhey first announced amibo and how it would work, I knew i wouldnt like it for the reason you listed. Its really just expensive DLC in hard form. Maybe im being cynical but it seems Ninty takes and idea (in this case Skylanders) and makes it worse just for the sake of being different.

You haven't lived until you've lined up in sub-zero temperatures outside of a Toys R' Us at 7 in the morning alongside six other 30-year-old overweight men hellbent on getting a Rosalina amiibo.

I don't think they learned anything, because they made all the same mistakes they've made in past generations, only 10 times worse in this generation.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.