By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo Fund Megaman?

Should Nintendo Fund a new Megaman?

Yes, Megaman 11 15 12.71%

Yes, Megaman x9 15 12.71%

Yes, Megaman zero 5 0 0%

Yes, Megaman Legends 3!! 13 11.02%

Yes, A new battle Network 5 4.24%

Yes, Megaman starforce 4 2 1.69%

Yes, any megaman, i dont care 49 41.53%

Whose megaman? 6 5.08%

No, Just let mega man die! (shame on you) 13 11.02%

Total:118

Much like Sony is funding Street Fighter V

Would it benefit Nintendo to fund a new Megaman game?

I know there's been alot of talk over the year about Capcom being bought out potentially or selling their IP's, but who knows when or if that'll ever happen. It's no secret that capcom has been extremely conservative with the megaman franchise, and since the wii-u, nintendo has been pioneering the relevance of the series from nearly having all the games via virtual console to his debute in smash bros.

It's my opinon that there's enough demand to warrant the idea and i see no reason why it wouldn't move a few if not a fair amount of consoles.

Well, should they do this, what megaman game should they do?

original, x, zero, battle network, star force, a return to legends 3?

Around the Network

No. When has a Mega Man game ever sold well? Mega Man 2? One of the DS spinoffs? And those were still barely over 1m

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

YES!
If they do, I would love a Modern Mega Man X game!

Didn't Megaman's creators leave Capcom? Cause if they did, I dont think Nintendo should leave it up to capcom cause it might end up like sonic boom

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Didn't Megaman's creators leave Capcom? Cause if they did, I dont think Nintendo should leave it up to capcom cause it might end up like sonic boom

But I want Mega Boom, dammit!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Why bother with megaman when creator of megaman is making a spiritual successor of megaman. Its mighty no 9. Havent you guys heard about it?

In the Wii era, I loved the Idea of Retro doing a MegaMan using Prime gameplay.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
In the Wii era, I loved the Idea of Retro doing a MegaMan using Prime gameplay.

There was a cancelled Megaman game that was being worked on by ex-Retro devs who worked on Metroid Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6tDBfmtcXU

But, alas, Capcom cancelled it -___-

Would it benefit Nintendo? Not really. Would it benefit me? Yes. Should they do it? Hell yes.